What Bourbon Are You Enjoying, Winter 2011/2012

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened up one of the new pappy 20 year bottles in that case I got. Yum...perfect for football tonight.

Next week is going to kick my arse. Don't want to think about it, so I'm starting the weekend with PHC 10 with a couple of drops of water.

Next week will be an arse-kicker for me as well with the spring semester starting. I've been drinking as many things as possible without kicking my own arse! Currently, it's EWSB '97. Wishing I had picked up the second bottle behind it since I think this is my favorite EWSB so far. It really highlights the HH rye spice and seems to have more character than some of the others.

This week was pretty easy. Next week will be pretty easy also.

I opened a 2009 PVW15 tonight, been sipping alongside a PVW20 and a 2011 PVW15 (open about 2 weeks). IMO the '11 Pappy 15 is definitely a cut below, but certainly delicious. I just don't think it's that much better than ORVW10/107.

It was a Van Winkle night. :bigeyes: LotB, ORVW 10/107, Pappy 15, and VWFRR. It was a long week. I needed to treat myself.

It was a Van Winkle night. :bigeyes: LotB, ORVW 10/107, Pappy 15, and VWFRR. It was a long week. I needed to treat myself.

I love nights like that! It seems as though last week was long/rough for many.

Dang Joe, when you treat yourself, you don't mess around ..:cool: ..I like that

I don't know either but it looks very interesting and tasty. As for me, I never got a posting here last night due to a pleasant evening with Mr. Handy followed by Mr. Stagg showing up later.:drink:

I daresay they are of the finest breeding. One can only improve oneself in the presence of such gentlemen.

In an ongoing effort to really think about my bourbons I've started taking some notes on everything on my bar so I have a solid record for comparisons. Last night saw AAA10Y/86, following on the heels of VOB6Y/86. I enjoyed the AAA more, but thought the extra 4 years would mellow it out more than it actually did. For the money, though, the AAA is outstanding in my book and will always have a place on the bar.

At the moment, I am not allowed to drink due to medication for a tooth abscess, but I brought in the new year with pours of LotB, PVW15 and PVW20.

I am not letting my dry spell stop me from SHOPPING, however. :grin:

Celebrating my Baylor Bears' basketball win over the Texas Tech Red Raiders with a pour of FR SmB LE 2010.

Got the outside Christmas decorations down before the thunderstorm rolled in. Started with a 4RSmB, then onto a 13th Colony Southern Corn Whiskey. It's a nice 95 proofer, with a nice color, weight, and taste.

Had some friends over for a game night party. Started with WT rye, then moved on to ERSB, OWA, and WLW '11.

yountvillewjs came over last night, partly to celebrate my wife's birthday, partly to get into all these bourbon's we've wanted to try from each other's stashes.

We went with:

Manhattan with Baby Saz

Manhattan with 1/2 Baby Saz and 1/2 Handy (2011)

Handy 2011

Saz18 2011

ER17 2011

OWA

GTS2011

then back to some more Saz18

Fun night and still feeling like a champ this morning! I must say, GTS2011 straight is remarkably potent, but SO SO SO good.

A little VWFRR while watching the game. I have a bigger pour of V17 airing a bit, hopefully celebrating a Denver win.

Ritt BIB with cube of ice watching the amazing turnaround in Den-Pitt game.

1st quarter looked like a walk for Pitt, then Tebow...effect.....

2 pours of Lot B and now I've got Old Forester Sig on ice. Watching the game. Never thought Denver would bring it this strong.

Hidden

Enjoying some Jim Beam Distiller's series. I never thought it would come to this: rooting for Rapethlisberger just to shut up the insufferable Tebow-dolatry of some of my fellow Christians.:rolleyes:

Gentlemen & Ladies,

I'm enjoying my first Lot B. Even better, I'm "Tebowing" with my first Lot B in honor of the Bronco''s win! :bowdown:

Bill

Had a family game night with my sister and her partner, shared a couple different types of bourbon and ryes with him, mainly had some 4RSmB but also some RR BIB. Good times, except for our cats going crazy over some kind of shiny toy and knocking over the bottle of RR.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.