What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter/Spring 2012

CaptainQ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I stopped at a random place on my lunch just now and they had a bottle of WL Weller Centennial, it was priced at $57, do I need to run back or is it priced too high?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I would buy it at that price. I am not sure what original retail was buy it probably was around that. It is no longer available so go back and get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would buy it at that price. I am not sure what original retail was buy it probably was around that. It is no longer available so go back and get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it sold for around $30-40. But you're right, they ain't makin any more!

I stopped at a random place on my lunch just now and they had a bottle of WL Weller Centennial, it was priced at $57, do I need to run back or is it priced too high?

Go back ASAP and BUY it!!

Ask if there are more in the back, if so I'll take some too.:grin:

I think it sold for around $30-40. But you're right, they ain't makin any more!

Yeah they are...but it is getting bottled somewhere around 6-7 years at 107 proof! If things keep going the way they are going, it's going to eventually get bottled at 3-4 years and 80 proof. And oh yeah, it will get back up to $30-40 or more by that time.

Exactly why a stocking up of said bourbon has taken over my bourbon budget.

Passed up a bunch of ORVW 10 & 10/107. Shelves are overflowing with this stuff, I already grabbed a few for the bunker.

Where might this be?

Passed up a bottle of Balcones Baby Blue Corn Whisky. Looked interesting but seemed like too much of a stretch.

Where might this be?

Northern Cali.

All the BTAC and most of the van winkle stuff has been picked through but this stuff still remains.

Some wild turkey and jim beam decanters from the early 80's, they were all $150 & a Distillers Masterpiece 18 year.

If they were at the store I'm thinking of, the owner has tacked on an additional $20 recently. :lol:

My favorite store restocked the BTAC, except for the Saz 18, and I passed on everything because I only want what I can't have...

My favorite store restocked the BTAC, except for the Saz 18, and I passed on everything because I only want what I can't have...

I have Saz 18 and wish it were a GTS or WLW. I guess I want what I can't have too.

Dusties of Wild Turkey American Spirit abound for $80. Always flirt with them but never pony up. Maybe somebody here can make the case?

I've passed up Lot B for $60. I'd rather overpay for ORVW 107 ($45) or PVW15 ($75), PVW20 ($110) or VWFRR ($75).

Others here will protest wildly, but Lot B is my least favorite in an otherwise exceptional range. Check out these tasting notes from LAWS--and remember, Adam and Sku both rate the 15, 20, and rye very highly.: http://www.lawhiskeysociety.com/whiskey-profile/821/Van-Winkle-Special-Reserve-12-Lot-B

I'd say try it at a bar tonight; a glass should be somewhere between $10-15. If you like it, go for it. If not, you've saved $45+.

Dusties of Wild Turkey American Spirit abound for $80. Always flirt with them but never pony up. Maybe somebody here can make the case?

A fifteen year BiB is a strong argument in and of itself.

If your tastes run to complex whiskey's with a dryish finish you will probably feel like it was money very well spent. If you prefer big sweet mouth coating Bourbon with a finish that hangs on forever you might feel like you paid too much.

Unless you buy a bottle you won't be sure about it.

If there are a few offer them $70 a bottle and send one to a SBer in Tallahassee:grin:

I like Lot B. I bought one yesterday for $55, the state price. I know where some are for $70 but I'm not going to bite as I have some in the bunker.

It is a very enjoyable morning bourbon.

Passed up a PHC cognac, plenty of BTEC oat and rice, Handy (at a good price), several BT single oak project, Woodford Master's ryes, EH Taylor sour mash and single barrel, a FR private selection OESO and cases of the 2002 EWSB at $19.99.

If they had a bottle of the EH Taylor Warehouse C I might have bit.

Passed up a PHC cognac, plenty of BTEC oat and rice, Handy (at a good price), several BT single oak project, Woodford Master's ryes, EH Taylor sour mash and single barrel, a FR private selection OESO and cases of the 2002 EWSB at $19.99.

If they had a bottle of the EH Taylor Warehouse C I might have bit.

What's a good price for Handy? I see it for $80.

What's a good price for Handy? I see it for $80.

I've seen Handy as low as $60, but usually it's between $70-75...$80 is slightly higher than average, but, like the rest of BTAC, you often see it much higher than that.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!