What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter/Spring 2012

CaptainQ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've seen Handy as low as $60, but usually it's between $70-75...$80 is slightly higher than average, but, like the rest of BTAC, you often see it much higher than that.

It's $99+ plus around here. :bigeyes:

It's $99+ plus around here. :bigeyes:

I probably should have mentioned that as you get further away from the fall release the prices of the bottles you still see on shelves tend to be higher. Handy is the one BTAC member that you can find on the internet fairly easily though...so it might be worth a little research if you're ever in the market. (Directed at Sean) Also, I'm originally from San Diego and have friends that have had luck finding BTAC at good prices at a few stores scattered across SoCal. PM me before the next releases and I'll fill you in.

I've seen Handy as low as $60, but usually it's between $70-75...$80 is slightly higher than average, but, like the rest of BTAC, you often see it much higher than that.

$60 was the price I saw yesterday. A nice surprise, but I've already bought my share this year.

Even with a tax refund on its way I had to pass up a lot of stuff :cry:

PHC Golden Ann., PHC 27, Jefferson's 17, ER 17 from 2005, Vintage Rye 23, Ritt 21 and 25, and about 6 releases of OFBB.

There's still time for you to convince me I made a huge mistake though!

Passed up some Pappy 23 @219, Pappy 20 @104, PHC releases 2-5, and some WTAS @ 80...good finds at decent prices but I have to continue the store bourbon buying freeze!

Passed up some Pappy 23 @219, Pappy 20 @104, PHC releases 2-5, and some WTAS @ 80...good finds at decent prices but I have to continue the store bourbon buying freeze!

These are the posts that are frustrating to those of us that can't find these, especially at those prices. I'm pretty sure I would have picked up the Pappy 20 and PHC 10 at the very least.

Although I certainly understand a buying freeze. I've set and broken many freezes and limits to my bourbon and beer budget. I'm treading close to a woman-enforced involuntary freeze if I don't getting the buying under control!

PHC releases 2-5

Does that include PHC 10 Wheated? I'd buy all that I see at that price.

I knew a store that had 6 of them, unfortunately I was only smart enough to buy 4.

You're killing me hectic..I'd love to walk into a store and see those bottles looking at me, and then decide how many I would buy. But sadly, that hasn't happened yet. And I've been to alot of liquor stores:smiley_acbt:

These are the posts that are frustrating to those of us that can't find these, especially at those prices. I'm pretty sure I would have picked up the Pappy 20 and PHC 10 at the very least.

I certainly know I would have.

Not only did I pass on them, I actually picked them up and headed to the cash register!! However, I got buyers remorse PRIOR to the purchase and when I got to the end of the aisle, I did a u turn and put them back. I wanted to hear from the forum what they prefer of the two or if you all would've put them back too??

BTAC - $85 each

William Larue Weller

George T. Stagg

Not only did I pass on them, I actually picked them up and headed to the cash register!! However, I got buyers remorse PRIOR to the purchase and when I got to the end of the aisle, I did a u turn and put them back. I wanted to hear from the forum what they prefer of the two or if you all would've put them back too??

BTAC - $85 each

William Larue Weller

George T. Stagg

BTAC - $85 each

William Larue Weller

George T. Stagg

BTAC - $85 each

William Larue Weller

George T. Stagg

No, you shouln't buy them.... (now what store did you see them in? :grin: )

I'd take them both at that price, especially in a store so no shipping costs.

+1

the weller and stagg from this most recent release are excellent!

BMH 18 rye

Wt tradition

PHC 27

EH Taylor warehouse C Tornado survivor

BT Single projects - 6 different barrels.

Ritt 21

Ritt 25

The PHC 27 was tempting but I would never open a $200 bottle so what's the point in buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night I passed on ORVW 10/107 at $54.95, some 34% above the state price.

I didn't buy anything at that store.

BMH 18 rye

Wt tradition

PHC 27

EH Taylor warehouse C Tornado survivor

BT Single projects - 6 different barrels.

Ritt 21

Ritt 25

The PHC 27 was tempting but I would never open a $200 bottle so what's the point in buying it.

Went back to store to get EH Taylor and BMH Rye 18.

Found a case of Jeff presidential reserve 18 on the floor of the store waiting to be unpacked. Only bought 1.....sipping on a glass now I'm thinking of going back......

I passed up Black Maple Hill 23yr Rye, batch #1. They had 6-7 bottles at $140, and I just couldn't pull the trigger without knowing whether or not I'm a big rye fan.

Also passed up some cheaper bottles of Johnny Drum Private Stock, Michter's Rye and American Whiskey, and some good deals on Booker's and Basil Hayden's.

Left a pewter top WTKS on the shelf today. This bourbon buying freeze is getting difficult.

You need a selected buying freeze. Pewter tops are good finds.

ER 17

TH Handy (2 bottles)

ORVW 10/90

Parker's Heritage 27

The Parker's (which wasn't there 5 days ago) was $250.

So stocked with the Pappys I felt I should let someone else snag that 10/90.

You need a selected buying freeze. Pewter tops are good finds.

I know. Luckily i have a couple in the bunker. The location has been jotted down and will be revisited as soon the freeze is over. I just had to prove to myself that I still had the willpower.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!