What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I stopped by Julio's as well. Best liquor store in eastern MA. I grabbed a bottle of Willett 7 yr old (124 proof, yikes!) and some Six Point Brewing Co 'Blind Tiger'. I love very high proof whisky's (Stagg especially) and the Willett did not dissapoint. A couple of ice cubes to take the edge off and it's a one way trip to bourbon bliss.

Nice find there Joe...:)

Thanks, Bob. As I'm sure you know my friend, those types of travel days deserve a silver lining...:cool:

Stopped to pick up some beer for my wife and a Ritt BiB followed me home.:rolleyes:

Ain't that always the way? But such a pleasant surprise when it happens.:grin:

Stopped to pick up some beer for my wife and a Ritt BiB followed me home.:rolleyes:

Funny, a bottle of that followed me home today as well. Luckily, I beat the little lady home and it is well placed on the Liquor Shelf to appear it has been there for awhile. :lol:

Funny, a bottle of that followed me home today as well. Luckily, I beat the little lady home and it is well placed on the Liquor Shelf to appear it has been there for awhile. :lol:

:lol: Ain't it funny how we all do the same stupid sh** ?!?!:lol: Do we pick this up from osmosis from each other?! The sad part is that we all think we're gettin' it by her... :D

Thing is, I ain't got a clue what her secret stash consists of...:rolleyes:

:lol: Ain't it funny how we all do the same stupid sh** ?!?!:lol: Do we pick this up from osmosis from each other?! The sad part is that we all think we're gettin' it by her... :D

Well, she can't say much. The beer and the wine I bought her cost more than the Ritt. So no need to sneak it in. The ones I pick up for the bunker today and tomorrow, maybe...:grin:

In my house it's shoes and purses.:skep:

But on the up-side, when I first started really getting into bourbon, she asked me, "why do you need so many different bottles?" I told her, "it's like you and purses. You can never have too many." She grasped it immediately.:grin:

Brother, you ain't alone! A bottle of Bulleit Rye is carefully tucked away this afternoon behind the WT 101 Rye--of which there won't be any more.

Now, if I can just find a dark corner for the KCSB and Rye.

That's the truth, I think in this case ignorance is bliss.

Willett 21 cs K&L exclusive

Willett 5 rye barrel 50

Vintage 17

2 x PVW 15

2 X PVW 20

Knob Creek

Blantons Special Reserve

Hudson Baby Bourbon

sam1183.jpg

2 x PVW 15

2 X PVW 20

Knob Creek

Blantons Special Reserve

Hudson Baby Bourbon

sam1183.jpg

Whoa. That must be pretty pricey in the UK.

2 x 4RLE 12'

3 x Willet 21

No more for at least a week :cool:

Damn, big spender! Hey Father's Day is coming up right?! :grin:

We expect some tasting notes when you crack open one of those 21s.

Whoa. That must be pretty pricey in the UK.

Pricey is an understatement, I think the rule of thumb is double the price its sold for in the States and stick a £ sign in front of it.

Picked up some Knob Creek SB and Jeffersons Reserve a couple of weeks back in Hawaii. Had a 1 litre $200 bottle of Canadian Club 30yo in my hands at Sydney Airport, but had to pass as I had no luggage space to bring it home :(

A pair of Pappy 20's at a the Va ABC in Arlington.... $107 ... should have grabbed all 4.... gotta love the ABC inventory mgt system that doesn't even show these....

Not really bourbon but I bought a Stranahans distilled in 05 to commemorate my daughter moving and starting a job in Eagle, Colorado.

Can you buy Stranahan's outside of Colorado again? I miss that stuff, and it seems like you can't get it anywhere. Ever.

Can you buy Stranahan's outside of Colorado again? I miss that stuff, and it seems like you can't get it anywhere. Ever.

I can't say anything about Ohio but here in New York I've seen it in at least 2 stores recently.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!