What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have not had the opportunity to try an OFBB yet, so today I went into a store and there is one on the top shelf, I figured it might be time for me to give one a try, it was a few dollars more than I have seen it other places, but I figured I would take a look, Bottled in 2002.

So I probably shouldnt let this out, but I didnt realize that was the first release until coming on here, and using my friend the search function.

Could be a very nice surprise for the wife in a little over a month!

I have not had the opportunity to try an OFBB yet, so today I went into a store and there is one on the top shelf, I figured it might be time for me to give one a try, it was a few dollars more than I have seen it other places, but I figured I would take a look, Bottled in 2002.

So I probably shouldnt let this out, but I didnt realize that was the first release until coming on here, and using my friend the search function.

Very good find...that IMO is the best OFBB bottled! :cool:

I bought my first ever Pappy 20 from TPS on tuesday. It arrived at my house on wednesday. TPS never ceases to amaze me.

Nice pick-ups, Tommy. When do you want us to stop by?:grin:

Soon hopefully. I've been thinking of gathering some bourbon drinkers to help me get rid of all these open bottles I have.

20120608.jpg

Liter bottle of Ezra Brooks from 1995

Ancient Ancient Age 90 proof from 1994

Wild Turkey 80 proof from 1992

Four Roses 2009 Mariage

(not pictured) Evan Williams 1995 barrel

Robert, you always seem to pop up whenever Van Winkle goes on sale. :lol:

Quick to the draw Jack! :-)

Just loading up the bunker, as we all know it won't be around much longer! Ha. Pumped for the Fall allocation, that should finish off my large supply.

Another PHC 27yr @ $135

I'm hoping they will sell out of these already as every time I'm in the store I can't help but pick another up for the bunker.

Finally decided to give FRSB a try. Funny thing is, I have purchased bottles for other folks, but never tried it myself, so I figured there is no better time than the present.

Also had to replace my bottle of Devil's Cut before tonight's Stanley Cup Game 5, while hoping (against all reasonable odds) that I will need this bottle to last 3 more games.

2x Vintage 17. Always meant to buy this one, got scared into it with the word it's going away.

Vintage 17yr.

Not nervous about it going away, which I can see it will, where is juice of that age going to come from, just not that type of aged stock in the pipeline.

Plus at a just a bit over $61 with tax, not a bad deal, IMO.

B

Found some Wild Turkey 101 Rye today. Had to snag it considering it seems to be disappearing.

Made a quick trip to Kentucky and stopped at the Ashland Beverage Center to pick up a couple bottles to add to my collection that are not exported to WV. Got bottles of Old Charter 8YO, OWA and JTS Brown BIB.I like the heirloom aspects of the JTS and Old Charter.

I found a delicious bottle of Old Forester bib from I think '72 for $10.

I found a delicious bottle of Old Forester bib from I think '72 for $10.

Nice one. Crack it open and let us know what you think of it. It should be a good pour if it's as tasty as the mid-seventies bottle I had.

I visited Julio's Liquors in Westborough, MA -- nice selection of bourbons, scotches, tequilas, etc. Very nice staff! They advertise a whiskey tasting every Wednesday from 5-7pm, but it'd be tough for me to get there at that time.

Picked up a Rock Hill Farms private bottling for Julio's Liquors, and a Henry McKenna non-chill filtered 10yo BiB private bottling for the Loch & K(e)y society.

(The Loch & K(e)y whiskey society doesn't have much to be found on the net, but if the whiskey's good, I'm not going to complain that they don't have much presence!)

I stopped by Julio's as well. Best liquor store in eastern MA. I grabbed a bottle of Willett 7 yr old (124 proof, yikes!) and some Six Point Brewing Co 'Blind Tiger'. I love very high proof whisky's (Stagg especially) and the Willett did not dissapoint. A couple of ice cubes to take the edge off and it's a one way trip to bourbon bliss.

Well, I lied a couple months ago when I said I had purchased my last Vintage 21 Rye. I went back to the store today and the one bottle I had left a few months ago was still sitting there, so I had to buy it. I expected it to be gone, since it is an amazing whiskey.

If the whiskey drinkers of BG only knew what they passed up...

Against my own better judgement I picked up a bottle of Dickel's Cascade Hollow. I figured I'd check it out once and for all and would only be out $11 even if it stinks. I'm not expecting much but don't need it to be much either and I've got a few friends who will be happy to drink it anyway.

Crappy travel day to Indy today. Cancelled flight, delayed flight, running from Concourse to Concourse at ATL trying to catch any flight up. Then, a 3 hr drive to Evansville. But, was rewarded by stumbling on a 2010 Saz 18 at a store on my drive. Threw in a Maker's 350ml so I can toast my good fortune later.

Crappy travel day to Indy today. Cancelled flight, delayed flight, running from Concourse to Concourse at ATL trying to catch any flight up. Then, a 3 hr drive to Evansville. But, was rewarded by stumbling on a 2010 Saz 18 at a store on my drive. Threw in a Maker's 350ml so I can toast my good fortune later.

Nice find there Joe...:)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!