What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally broke down and picked a bottle of Elijah Craig 18 which has staring at me since December. With all the talk of it being in short supply, figured I should grab it while it was there.

Opened it? If so, how is it and what year is it from? I might pick up another bottle for the bunker soon. Absolutely smashes the 12 year old.

Just a few bottles of OGD 114 for the bunker.... at $21 how do you walk past it....

>- 3 handles of Weller 12

How many did you see on the shelves? In KY in April I was led to belive that BT has not made handles of Weller 12 in some time, so I had to settle for liters.

Picked this up at Total Wine. Never seen these at a store before so I decided to get it. Does anyone know how common these are?

post-5814-14489817945257_thumb.jpg

post-5814-14489817945257_thumb.jpg

Picked this up at Total Wine. Never seen these at a store before so I decided to get it. Does anyone know how common these are?

Maker's Mark is very common they have it all over the world. :skep:

I bought a bottle of Wathan's single barrel. I don't know why, I hope its good. :cool:

I bought a bottle of Wathan's single barrel. I don't know why, I hope its good. :cool:

It is. I'm working on a bottle myself.

>- 3 handles of Weller 12

How many did you see on the shelves? In KY in April I was led to belive that BT has not made handles of Weller 12 in some time, so I had to settle for liters.

There were only 3 on the shelf and I cleaned them out. :slappin: In all seriousness, I couldn't have taken anymore even if they had it, as there is only so much I can safely pack in my checked luggage with my clothes (while remaining under the 50 lb limit), and this was challenging enough!

Interestingly enough, I called ahead, and only one of the Louisville Liquor Barns had any Weller 12 at all. Party Mart and Westport Wine and Whiskey had plenty, with the Westport store having handles available, on top of several cases of 750 mL bottles. There apparently is plenty of 750 mL bottles at the Party Source as well.

Plenty of Weller 12 handles at my local shop in NY. It was not available for close to a year back about a year and a half ago. Always buy 2 at a time now

Opened it? If so, how is it and what year is it from? I might pick up another bottle for the bunker soon. Absolutely smashes the 12 year old.

Barreled 5-15-92. Haven't opened it yet though.

Barreled 5-15-92. Haven't opened it yet though.

Binny's had a 5/15/92 barrel that was by far the best $50 bourbon I've ever bought. TPS had a barrel from the same date that wasn't as good, but was still a standout. Open it up dog!

On vacation in Pensacola, picked up 2 PVW 15 and a PVW 20, all at MSRP. I was so distracted that I forgot to shop for tequila.

Maker's 46 with blue/white wax.

Well, there's one you don't see every day. Hey Doug, what's the story on that?

FWIW, I did just reload my empty MM46 yesterday. But, just plain red wax...

Well, there's one you don't see every day. Hey Doug, what's the story on that?

FWIW, I did just reload my empty MM46 yesterday. But, just plain red wax...

The blue and white Makes 46 was a limited release (9000 bottles, I think) in Kentucky. It doesn't specifically say UK but I would assume the 2012 release in Blue and White was strongly tied to the Wildcats Nat'l championship. I picked up one as well. Mine was actually cheaper than the normal M46. I haven't cracked it open though, sitting right next to my Calipari Makers bottle from 2010. I assume I will keep these around for a while as my wife and father in-law are huge UK fans.

It doesn't specifically say UK but I would assume the 2012 release in Blue and White was strongly tied to the Wildcats Nat'l championship.

Yesterday the order came in for the EC 12yr barrel that I helped the store pick out some time ago. I've been pretty excited to see the final version come in. I know it's not the most exciting bourbon out there, but the memory of the experience is certainly special to me.

Been awhile since I've had a regular EC 12, but I'd like to say that we did pretty good. Like most, i think some improvement will come with a bit of rest and air now that it's been opened, but initial pours were very promising.

It will be something that a grab a couple of bottles to stash away.

B

1 out of 824. But I think you can hand dip your own bottles at MM so not a super rarity.

True, you can dip your own bottle and make your own "slam dunk" but unless it's changed, I think you can only do this with the 375ml bottles they offer for the dip your own experience, so the 750ml in the wild is only the 1 out of 824 you noted.

Is it the same ratio for the liter bottles? I found one of those recently.

True, you can dip your own bottle and make your own "slam dunk" but unless it's changed, I think you can only do this with the 375ml bottles they offer for the dip your own experience, so the 750ml in the wild is only the 1 out of 824 you noted.

I'm not sure why Maker's Mark hasn't offered an official commemorative bottle for the 2012 championship (as was done in '96), but this suffices. Kudos to my mother for running around Lexington the day they were released to pick up one for me.

Maker's Mark did a 2012 commemorative bottle for Tim Couch. I'm still scratching my head about that one.

Yeah that is exactly why I've stayed out of collecting MM for quite some time. But, since I have every other UK dedicated bottle, if one of you KY members see a championship bottle at MSRP please pick it up for an alumni and PM me :grin:

Are we talking regular MSRP of the Maker's 46 of around $36? I've seen one of these blue/white Maker's 46, but I recall them wanting around $90.

Are we talking regular MSRP of the Maker's 46 of around $36? I've seen one of these blue/white Maker's 46, but I recall them wanting around $90.

I picked up mine for $33 from TPS.

Found a 2010 George T Stagg and picked it up. Had a little dust on it, but gladly bought it anyway.

Ordered a Rock Hill Farms. Hopefully it's as good as many of you say it is.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!