What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Spring 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of OGD 114 for the bunker today. I haven't opened one of these in a while, but I still like to have a couple extra on hand.

Got a bottle of Jefferson Presidential Selection 18yr (batch #25) and a bottle of Willett 7yr Single Barrel (cask strength) Picked by Spec's bottle 12 of 156.

Got bottles of Vintage 17 ($60) and the 21 year Rye ($70). Soon as I opened the Vintage 21, the cork fell into the bottle. I felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach!

Felt guilty about leaving that Saz 18 alone this past weekend, so I went back and got it for the future.

Man I cant believe all the people finding Vintage stuff around. Last rye I saw was me drinking the last 2oz of 21 at a bar. Never even seen one on a shelf.

Got bottles of Vintage 17 ($60) and the 21 year Rye ($70). Soon as I opened the Vintage 21, the cork fell into the bottle. I felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach!

Picked up 3 bottles of PHC 5th Cognac finished today. All are going into the bunker until I can clear out some room in the liquor cabinet!

In the past week:

2 bottles of ORVW 10/107

1 bottle of Weller Antique 107

1 bottle of 2009 Four Roses Mariage - Randomly found this on a shelf at a store in Cambridge/Somerville area. I haven't seen any of the Mariage releases in a while. There were 3-4 bottles left. If interested, send me a PM.

Wild Turkey Rye 101 while traveling. They don't sell it locally and I have never seen it on a shelf. The Rittenhouse BIB section was cleaned out, but there were cases of the WT stacked up.

In the past few days I have found and purchased 2x Pappy 15's, 2x Van Winkle 12's, a 2011 WLW, and a 2011 Saz 18. I've also managed to scoop up 12x Founders Kentucky Breafast Stouts.

The alcohol gods have been kind to me this past week. My wallet is hurting but the liquor cabinet is looking delicious.

I didn't have any trouble finding the Vintage 17 (Saw it at three different places around Lexington) this past week. That was the first time I'd seen the 21 year Rye...bought the last bottle they had!

I picked up a single bottle of THH. I've passed up dozens of bottles while traveling, but there was something about finding it at a local ABC (in a BTAC poor county within a BTAC poor state) that led me to buy it.

Because nobody else in BG wanted the Pappy 23 I left behind on Tuesday, I felt obligated to go back and pick it up today. I have the first pour resting in the glass right now, and am very excited for the first taste.

Several other stores got in the PVW Spring Release, but prices elsewhere were disappointing. One store had the PVW 15, 20, and 23 for $150, $200, and $350, respectively...

In the past few days I have found and purchased 2x Pappy 15's, 2x Van Winkle 12's, a 2011 WLW, and a 2011 Saz 18. I've also managed to scoop up 12x Founders Kentucky Breafast Stouts.

The alcohol gods have been kind to me this past week. My wallet is hurting but the liquor cabinet is looking delicious.

Pappy 15 and 10/107

56.99 and 33.99

These don't make it to the shelves in Atlanta anymore. And the going prices are about 30% higher than you paid. :mad:

Doesn't hit shelf here either. Was at my local holy ground and owner told me it just came in. Told him I was good with 1 15 and 1 10 and to call me after others get offered. Could of had more, but prefer to let others enjoy it as well.

Doesn't hit shelf here either. Was at my local holy ground and owner told me it just came in. Told him I was good with 1 15 and 1 10 and to call me after others get offered. Could of had more, but prefer to let others enjoy it as well.

Good man...nice of you to share the stash with others.

It was a Heaven Hill day: the gold label BiB and EC12. The Craig was on sale for just under $17. I may need to get a couple more for the bunker at that price.

Had to go to Atlanta today and living in Florida, of course I had to explore new hunting bounds. Pick up some that I've never seen in Florida.

Michter's Single Barrel 10 Year Straight Rye

Rittenhouse 100 Proof Bottled in Bond

High West Rendezvous Rye

High West Double Rye

High West Silver Whiskey Western Oat (this one for fun)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!