What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wow my IPad sent my previous post on its own. Anyway Colonel Lee ... From Total Wine and is a Barton product. 8yrs old and very tasty. Me, being new to bourbon take that what it's worth. No real mention of this brand anywhere here.

Small-pour tastings of: WTR101, Ritt BiB, Baby Saz and Henry McKenna 10-year Loch & K(e)y selection, to compare my current open ryes.

Determination: WTR101 is still the punchiest, Ritt is a nice smooth sipper and I should pick up a few more bottles, Baby Saz has the deeper and more interesting flavors, and the Henry McKenna makes a nice non-rye "control whiskey" for this particular tasting. I should also buy some other ryes for more variety...

Started wish a fresh bottle of larceny. Great stuff, not as thick and chewy as OWA and a bit more fresh than Weller 12. A nice middle for me with tons of potential after it develops in the bottle. After that some single barrel JPS 18 then back to the larceny!

Wow my IPad sent my previous post on its own. Anyway Colonel Lee ... From Total Wine and is a Barton product. 8yrs old and very tasty. Me, being new to bourbon take that what it's worth. No real mention of this brand anywhere here.

8 years old??? Sure about that? Colonel Lee was a Barton distilled product that faded away and appears to have recently been brought back by Sazerac since they bought Barton. It is a bottom shelfer and mostly distributed in 80 proof but The Sazerac web site also shows a 100 proof being distributed in 750ml. I don't know if the current 100 proof is being labelled as a bottled in bond as it used to be? If your bottle is stated as 8 years old I'm guessing you have a 100 proof and private retail bottling from Total Wine perhaps?

Sazerac also distributes Colonel Lee and Tom Moore as a blended "light" whiskey

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!