What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just returned from dinner out, and am now sipping on the B&B SB OWA. This puppy continues to blow me away. Fantastic whiskey.

Had some friends over to try a recipe out of the new wine spectator. Had a nice Manhatten with Ritt BIB prior to dinner. Used the whiskey barrel aged bitters to make it, they're fantastic. A nice Cotes Du Rhone with dinner. Then enjoyed the last of the tornado, some ETL, and opened the EH Barrel Proof.

First impression, very sweet up front, hot, limited finish. Good, not great.

Overall, great night.

Brought some 2010 GTS in a half pint bottle for our anniversary trip out of town this weekend, and enjoying a bit of that each night.

really enjoyed some OWA last night, which is slightly unusual for me. Makes me more excited to pop some of my single barrel selections now!

Had some friends over to try a recipe out of the new wine spectator. Had a nice Manhatten with Ritt BIB prior to dinner. Used the whiskey barrel aged bitters to make it, they're fantastic. A nice Cotes Du Rhone with dinner. Then enjoyed the last of the tornado, some ETL, and opened the EH Barrel Proof.

First impression, very sweet up front, hot, limited finish. Good, not great.

Overall, great night.

Alright, another Cotes du Rhone fan!:grin: (Thread drift...)

Brought some 2010 GTS in a half pint bottle for our anniversary trip out of town this weekend, and enjoying a bit of that each night.

Great. But did you remember to bring the straw?:lol:

Great. But did you remember to bring the straw?:lol:

No straw involved (although was glad to have glasses in the hotel room rather than using the in-room coffee mugs at some other places!)

No straw involved (although was glad to have glasses in the hotel room rather than using the in-room coffee mugs at some other places!)

Funny, but my uncle Walt used to always drink his Irish whiskey out of a coffee mug, as if he was fooling my aunt somehow by doing so. Even as a kid I was able to figure out that such a large delivery vessel was not conducive to staying sober, but to old Walt it might as well have been a thimble.:lol:

Just returned from dinner out, and am now sipping on the B&B SB OWA. This puppy continues to blow me away. Fantastic whiskey.

Last night, I was drinking a glass of OWA 7yr age statement that came from a liter bottle I opened months ago. There is maybe an inch left in the bottle and it really is great. The B&B is an 8yo. I can't wait to grab a few of those.

The B&B is an 8yo.

Just curious, does "B&B" refer to a store? I've seen it pop up in a few recent threads and it doesn't ring a bell for me.

Just curious, does "B&B" refer to a store? I've seen it pop up in a few recent threads and it doesn't ring a bell for me.

Yes, B&B is a shop in Colonial Heights TN. Here is their website,

Edited by p_elliott
web site has trojans

Last night I opened up a bottle of OFBday from 2008 and really enjoyed it. Lots of succulent fruit, oaky vanilla and an aura of dill that brings a very interesting signature to it. I look forward to getting back into it later tonight. I think I left a bottle or two on a shelf somewhere for around $30; gotta go looking for them.

Yes, B&B is a shop in Colonial Heights TN. Here is their website, http://www.

My software warns that the website is reported to be an attack page - I don't go to that sort of website, no matter how much I wanna.

Edited by p_elliott
Web site has trojans

Same here.

What is the current listing status for bandbpackage.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 10 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-07-01, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-07-01.Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 9 new process(es) on the target machine.

Wonder if they've been hacked and just don't know it?

Downed the better part of a bottle of Ancient Age BIB with a few friends Sunday night and put the rest away yesterday while grilling some porkchops. Such fine whiskey, it's a shame that they no longer make it. Sure am glad to have one more bottle in the bunker.

I had my first taste of a bottle of FR 2009 Mariage. It was outstanding! Incredibly smooth and flavorful

Excellent! I just had the same experience myself, as I bought two bottles of the 2009 Mariage around mid-summer and just now had an occasion to crack open one of the bottles. Last night, we hosted a dinner party for two friends who were married last Sunday.

In some Jewish traditions (more often among the orthodox), the bride and groom travel around to dinners hosted at friends' houses during their first week of marriage, so that people who weren't able to be invited to the wedding can attend what might be thought of as an additional mini-wedding. The blessings that unite the bride and groom are repeated at the end of grace after meals, and there is much merriment and rejoicing all the way through.

I only had a small before-dinner pour, while serving up some of my some interesting whiskies, as I was serving as waiter, bartender, toastmaster and assistant cook. Dropping china or spilling wine on the guests wouldn't go over well.

We had ten guests, of whom four were whiskey drinkers. The whiskey menu:

Connemara Peated Irish Whiskey -- the groom had a pour of this, as he's really into peat

Michel Couvreur Special Vatting scotch whiskey -- the bride had a pour of this, as she loves sherried scotch and no peat at all

VWLotB -- two friends had never tried it before, and loved it

FR 2009 Mariage -- in addition to my own glass, a pour for a bourbon-enthusiast friend who really, really loved it

All that I can report, at least until I've had a chance to taste the Mariage again under slightly calmer and quieter circumstances, is that this is very, very good whiskey!

Enjoying a bit of PVW20. Wish I enjoyed this as much as I hoped I would, but just not my target flavor profile apparently. On the bright side, think I found what I can bring to the gazebo where it will be better loved :grin:

Enjoying a bit of PVW20. Wish I enjoyed this as much as I hoped I would, but just not my target flavor profile apparently. On the bright side, think I found what I can bring to the gazebo where it will be better loved :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!