What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That's actually one of my favorite KBD products, not that KBD is any of my business.:rolleyes:

Agree - I liked this much more than the green label Johnny Drum, Pure Kentucky XO, or even the Willett Pot Still (although that bottle is pretty cool). I do like the Noah's Mill a bit better, but it's more than a bit more expensive - so all things considered, JDPS is probably the best buy of their group (from what I've tried thus far). I really like their 4 yr Rye as well!

had my brother in law over last night, and we went through several things. OWA came out on top for me (unusual), but he preferred a bottle of Zaya rum. The Zaya 12 year rum was like liquid sugar and figs to me, too sweet really. May have spoiled my tongue against the 4R1B I pulled out later and made the OWA taste better to me.

big day yesterday

VOF (barreled in 1958), PHC Golden, OF (81), 2012 4RSBLE, Willett 18yr Wheated, multiple SB OWA's, etc.

A little Parker Heritage Collection from last year while watching the Lions eek out a win

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

A bold pour of PHC Cognac. Something that I thought to be "gimmicky" and "replayed" from the earlier Beam Distillers Masterpiece release, I have really grown to enjoy this bourbon.

Well the weather is starting to turn towards Fall, so it's bourbon time for me. Time to rebuild the collection after not having ANY bourbon for several months now (seriously). The other day I bought a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel that I chose for work. And today I bought a bottle of Larceny to give it a test drive. I think I'm gonna give the Larceny a try tonight as the KCSB just didn't hit the spot last night.

I've been doing apprenticeship work for the dark side for most of the spring and summer - but the combination of cooler weather, the PVW Ebay thread, and the season premier of Sons of Anarchy called for a couple nice pours of PVW20. My half empty bottle sitting for 6 months didn't hurt it a bit either.

I'm still not a very accomplished taster, but what hits me are the caramel, cherry, and oak notes all playing in harmony.

This is incomplete, but at the KBF All Star Sampler we tried some WT Rare Breed, Bookers, Larceny (which we also got to sample at Toddys!), FRSB (both Single Barrel and Small Batch), Old Pogue, KC Rye, and others. Sorry, but I lost track! Also had a taste of my newly acquired Old Fitz 1849 (first I've seen of this). Great time!!

OGD114 last night--always enjoyable and a very affordable quality bourbon. Tonight it's gonna be JTS Brown BIB and a few beers while watching the Bears send the Packers off to their second home loss this season. Should be fun!

Well the weather is starting to turn towards Fall, so it's bourbon time for me. Time to rebuild the collection after not having ANY bourbon for several months now (seriously). The other day I bought a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel that I chose for work. And today I bought a bottle of Larceny to give it a test drive. I think I'm gonna give the Larceny a try tonight as the KCSB just didn't hit the spot last night.

What'cha been drinking all summer, dude? They do have ice cubes in Kentucky, right?:lol: I'm a semi-seasonal type drinker too and, while I've had a few single malts here and there this summer, am definitely looking forward to stouts, porters, Scotch ales and Islay whiskies as we head towards autumn. That's when the WLW and GTS tend to make a few more appearances as well. (My wife is looking over my shoulder and asking, "You need a schedule to drink whiskey? You really are a dork! Yes I am, now go to work.)

Revisited with some Maker's Mark today, a surprisingly good bourbon that I should visit more often.

Best regards, Tony

Thank you for having the guts to come out and say this. I sometimes think that folks around here feel that they won't earn their bourbon street cred if they say something positive about MM. It is indeed, a fine whiskey.

I primed the KBF pump last evening with a SB selection of Buffalo Trace.

:toast:

OGD114 last night--always enjoyable and a very affordable quality bourbon. Tonight it's gonna be JTS Brown BIB and a few beers while watching the Bears send the Packers off to their second home loss this season. Should be fun!

HA! Don't know what parallel universe you live in, Hank, but I'll be having some VWFRR while watching the Pack give da Bears their first loss of the season.:grin:

Trying to change the way things are going for the Bears so I cracked a new bottle. Opened up the Whistle Pig that's been sitting under the bar for several months. Really nice combo of sweet and spicy on the nose. The taste isn't quite as good as the nose, but pretty darn good. Haven't had any rye in a few weeks. Need to pull a few bottles out and do some comparisons, but all in all a winner (for the 34.99 I paid at any rate). I'm thinking it was mispriced since they have now raised it to 64.99 at the same store. Not convinced its worth as much as Saz 18 on first taste.

Went for a" wheated trifecta" V17,PVW 15 and WLW.The progression of flavor and proof proved to be quite a reward for a long work week,now its off to bed!

Went for a" wheated trifecta" V17,PVW 15 and WLW.The progression of flavor and proof proved to be quite a reward for a long work week,now its off to bed!

How would a 1:1:1 blend of those be? You could call it the "Wainwright Wheat".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!