What bourbon are you drinking today - Summer 2012

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After some down news from the dentist today, cracked open a 08 ER17 to help cheer me up. So far, seems to be working. :grin:

Spot on tastiness right out of the bottle. I can only see this improving with a bit of air time.

B

It's a wheatear night here. MM, MM46, WSR so far. The next will be the last few drops of my last remaining Vintage 17

I hear ya Dude, Pappy 20 is one demensional.

I don't think wheaters are good when cut below 100 proof and Pappy 20 supports my belief.

I once tried some Pappy 17 uncut barrel strength to be further aged for watered down Pappy 20.

All I can say is Julian the 3rd should be arrested, given a fair trial and then jailed for watering down this fine whiskey to 90 point whatever.

Larceny, upon first pour I feel it is a solid pour but nothing overly gratifying either.We will see what some open time in the weeks to come have to do for this new wheater and see how it fares against its already established competition in the marketplace.

I find the initial sweetness to be extremely pleasant. Decently long finish, too. It's everything in between that I don't know what to make of yet. It's a woody lil sumbitch, I'll say that much. I really want to see what a couple weeks in the corner does for it.

Knob Creek. Which I haven't had for a long long time. Then on Sunday I watched Breaking Bad. Walt and Hank each had a healthy pour of KC after Hank had a bad day at work. This, inexplicably made me pine for KC, so I went out and bought a bottle on Tuesday.

Folks ... product placement WORKS!

:eek:

Trying the Elijah Craig 18 for the first time tonight. I absolutely love it. It seems to take a good ten to 15 minutes to really open up in the glass. Then it has one of the best noses I have come across in my limited tasting.

A neat pour of 4R Mariage 09, tons of creamy spice cake, love this stuff!

this stuff is fantastic. I need more.

Same here.

What is the current listing status for bandbpackage.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 10 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-07-01, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-07-01.Malicious software includes 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 9 new process(es) on the target machine.

Wonder if they've been hacked and just don't know it?

Hi Gary, I posted that link from my iPad and it the link doesn't do this to me. Maybe it's because of the switch from Mac to PC. Let me check this from my desktop when I get home.

Hi Gary, I posted that link from my iPad and it the link doesn't do this to me. Maybe it's because of the switch from Mac to PC. Let me check this from my desktop when I get home.

Yes, there must be something wrong with the B&B site. I will contact Thomas tomorrow and let him know.

Had a glass of Knob Creek and a glass of Bookers in Springfield Mass last night watching Pacers Reggie Miller and Mel Daniels get inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Great evening, adequate bourbon.

Leatherman cocktail at Goose & Gander in St. Helena, CA

Eagle Rare 10 Year Bourbon, Carpano Antica, Qi Black Tea Liqueur, Bitters

giant crystal clear square icecube.

IMAG1127.jpg

Enjoying a nice pour of some Johnny Drum Private Stock. Not sure why I pushed this to the back of the cabinet - first time in months it has seen the light of day, but it is better than I remembered. Nice syrupy sweetness balanced with the char.

A few pours of WT RR 101, but after the meat comes off the smoker I'm going to quit for the day. I'm going to see Outlaw later this evening.

Pork butt off the egg and getting ready to watch my UGA bulldogs play Mizzou. Gonna start out with some GBS EC15. If the game gets ugly either way, it is Stagg time. Go Dawgs!!!

Enjoying a nice pour of some Johnny Drum Private Stock. Not sure why I pushed this to the back of the cabinet - first time in months it has seen the light of day, but it is better than I remembered. Nice syrupy sweetness balanced with the char.

That's actually one of my favorite KBD products, not that KBD is any of my business.:rolleyes:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!