What did you pass up today? Summer 2012

Tico
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

At the Heaven Hill Distillery, had to pass on some great stuff (as I've hit my limit). They had some EC 20, EC 21, EC 23, some EC 12 barrel proof. KBD also had some great stuff (some Vintage bourbon/rye, and various different ages of Willett Estates stuff).

Copper Fox 12-month Rye @ $43

I like the idea that they are malting/smoking their own barley, and have a 2/3 rye, 1/3 malted barley mash bill. I think the high malted barley mash bill would give it more weight in the mid-palate - just couldn't get past the 12-months @ $43 without tasting it first.

I passed up a Vintage 21 Bourbon, yes bourbon not rye. Now, I love the 21 rye but I haven't seen a bottling of this. Any thoughts? The bottle was $139.

Passed on 3 bottles of Jefferson's Ocean. At $499.99 each, it makes it easy to no.

Wow, and I thought $181.00 was too much when I saw it

Passed on 3 bottles of Jefferson's Ocean. At $499.99 each, it makes it easy to no.

I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat

Everybody look at me

'Cause I'm sailing on a boat

I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat

Take a good hard look

At the mother4ucking boat

If any of the Atlanta metro folks have passed up an EC 18yr in the past few days, could you shoot me a PM about where a bottle may be had?

My buddy's girlfriend called my finance and wanted to get him a bottle since he likes it and its their 18 month anniversary. I passed one up earlier this week, but it was a ways out of town and at this point, who knows if it is still there.

At 250% of what is, in my opinion, an already bloated retail price, it would certainly make it an easy pass. It would make it even easier to decide never to do business with a store that tries to screw people on price like that.

Smooth Ambler Very Old @ $65, PHC 2012 @ $129 @ Heaven Hill....was SHOCKED at how much they are charging at the gift shop.

Passed up 6 WT 101 Ryes at 25 a piece. For 2 of the WT, I can typically grab a Rittenhouse and a Willet 5 year. That being said, if any Atlanta guys need a few 101s for the bunker, shoot me a PM, I'll let ya know where theyre at.

Smooth Ambler Very Old @ $65, PHC 2012 @ $129 @ Heaven Hill....was SHOCKED at how much they are charging at the gift shop.

The Heaven Hill gift shop prices are quite inflated compared to retail and other distilleries. Not sure why. I passed on the PHC wheater at that same price there. I knew it was already gone everywhere else too. In spite of adoring the one and only :rolleyes: I bought, just couldn't pay $129 for something I paid $65 for.

They're still there, one each of VW Lot B at $99.99 and 107 at $79.99, at a store in the suburbs here. If you want to pay those stupid prices, put on your hunting shoes...I won't do them the favor of telling who it is.

I forgot to add, Templeton has hit the Twin Cities market. At over $40, of course. Didn't give it a second thought.

I passed on everything in the store today, but I did request they get some PHC 2012 when it becomes available.

Passed on PHC from last year the cognac finished. Waiting for them to get the new one so I can buy some more.

Best regards, Tony

Passed on PHC from last year the cognac finished. Waiting for them to get the new one so I can buy some more.

Best regards, Tony

I constantly pass on this. I have seen nothing but good reviews but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have a feeling that, in Utah at least, this will be around long after the 2012 has come and gone.

Passed on the 2012 PHC and a ton of Ritt Bib again. I also came across a Old Scout Rye. I didn't know they had a Rye. It was a 7 yo. I assume this is LDI High Rye mashbill. Anyone have this one yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Passed up an EC20 for $115. Nearly pulled the trigger, but that is more than double the price of the EC18, which was often too woody anyway. I'll keep an eye out for somewhere to buy this by the glass before purchasing.

Passed up an EC20 for $115. Nearly pulled the trigger, but that is more than double the price of the EC18, which was often too woody anyway. I'll keep an eye out for somewhere to buy this by the glass before purchasing.

H&F Bottle shop has/had it so you might find a bottle at the Holeman & Finch Public House if you find yourself down that way. If I get by there in the near future I will try to remember to inquire.

I passed on everything in the store today, but I did request they get some PHC 2012 when it becomes available.

Might be in Dallas next week (crosses fingers)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!