What did you pass up today? Summer 2012

Tico
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I also passed on a Michter's 25yo SB $300+. Anybody know much about this bourbon?

Like most other Michter's, it's all a mystery. Personally, i view it as a novelty more so than anything else. I passed on a bottle of the Michter's 25 rye recently. I would like to try the rye more than I would the bourbon, but I'm not paying the going price to do it.

In my opinion, these are only on the market in an effort to temp the SMS buyer who is used to spending $300+ on a bottle.

Garrison
Brothers
2 year old bourbon for $72.

Young Blacksmith. It's just four hours from Kilgore to Hye. Come see me at the distillery and I'll let you taste, on my nickel, what you passed up. You'll also come to understand why its priced where it is. I know what goes into it, what it costs to make, and what little profit I make off each bottle. I got $100 that you'll never pass it up again. Salud, my friend!

By the way, I used to date a Kilgore Rangerette so your note brought a grin to my face. Thank you!

Like most other Michter's, it's all a mystery. Personally, i view it as a novelty more so than anything else. I passed on a bottle of the Michter's 25 rye recently. I would like to try the rye more than I would the bourbon, but I'm not paying the going price to do it.

In my opinion, these are only on the market in an effort to temp the SMS buyer who is used to spending $300+ on a bottle.

Thanks Bradley. Yeah, I had the feeling that if I had gone for it I would be disappointed knowing the little I know about Michter's.

Young Blacksmith. It's just four hours from Kilgore to Hye. Come see me at the distillery and I'll let you taste, on my nickel, what you passed up. You'll also come to understand why its priced where it is. I know what goes into it, what it costs to make, and what little profit I make off each bottle. I got $100 that you'll never pass it up again. Salud, my friend!

I appreciate the offer, and will take you up on it one day, but unfortunately my current budget does not allow such splurges. :(

Passed on a 4R 1B CS, but I may very well go back today and pick it up, if it's a recipe I don't have.

I passed on a few things today. A lot of Handy. I'm glad it's still out there because if I get in a bind I can always drink that. Also, I passed on more BTAC things, a 2011 Stagg, ER(didn't look for the date), PHC 27, rittenhouse 23, vintage 17 21 23, weller sr older bottlings w age statement, ORVW 10 90 & a lot of Willetts.

Btw, I passed on a 2 yo willett rye that I was curious about. Has anyone had this and how does it compare to the 4yo or the 5yo. I love the the 4 yo and the 2 yo has a proof that is higher than the 5yo which is why I'm curious. Any idea?

Edited by jeanraulmitchell

Passed on a EC 18 barreled 2/92 after buying a dusty OCPR. I'll probably end up going back and getting it.

Passed on a Weller's Original from 1913. A little out of my price range.

Looks like we browse at the same store, never bought anything there myself, prices are always too high compared to local shopping.

What makes them even think they could get the asking price?? :slappin: Wow.......setting the bar high are they?

B

Edited by BFerguson

Are you talking about the bottle on eBay?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I'd never pay more than $200K for that, free shipping or not.

Are you talking about the bottle on eBay?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Belle Meade bourbon has found its way to Atlanta. Had to look it up...

http://www.greenbrierdistillery.com/nelsons_green_brier_products.html

I'm guessing this is HH make. $34.99. Passed.

[one of 'em looks kinda like Ashton Kutcher]

He does! And, the other guy looks like what I would suppose Fred Thompson looked like 50 years ago.

I passed on several CEHT Tornado bottles, despite the fact it was fairly priced and I really like the whiskey. Makes sense...:rolleyes:

Passed on Templeton Bourbon about 5 times the last 3 days. "Now if you like bourbon, this is really tasty". They must have just gotten this stuff in. Most of the time I just laughed, specifically when I was inquiring about different Willett ryes while standing in front of about 8-10 different willett bottlings. Of course, I should have known the templeton was the next selling point after being shown the willett pot still bottle.

I guess I visited about 25 or 30 shops while traveling the last three days and templeton was pushed on me as a great bourbon more than jack daniel's 2 to 1, hmmmmmmm.

I respectfully declined some WT Rye 101 for $23 + tax. I've been progressing through the RR Rye, and there probably isn't enough difference for another bottle. I did feel like I should have received some sort of scavenger hunt award for finding the 101 version though.

EC 20yr. Going have a hard time convincing myself on one of these. With 18yr still being somewhat readily available and $50, it just doesn't make sense........yet.

B

PVW20 for $250. The store owner educated me on the fact that only the 20 was called "Pappy Van Winkle", the rest were not.

Some Jefferson 18 for $135. This one just didn't get priced very well in the transition.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!