What did you pass up today? Summer 2012

Tico
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

GTS $150

eR $130

Handy $130

a lot of overpriced Willietts

$80 EC18

This shop in Burbank with 2 other locations in Glendale and Pasadena are really gouging customers on the BTAC amongst other things. I've stopped buying things here because of it but I still like to see what they get in.

Saw a BMH 23yr rye on a shelf for $179. Never had any BMH varieties, so couldn't pull that big of a trigger. After winning at poker . . . drove by the place but they were already closed, which maybe was a sign.

Rittenhouse 25yr Rye For $179.00... bit too big of an investment for a rye that I knew nothing about

WT Tribute. First time I've seen it.

Also a pewter topped WTKS.

And some overpriced dusty WT and Beam decanters.

You found a WT Tribute and didn't buy it? Have you lost your mind? :shocked:

:grin:

I also pass up the tradition and ASs when I see them. The reviews on here are pretty mixed. Enough that I worry about throwing down $80+ a bottle. How would you rank them?

Got a call today asking if I was interested in a Jefferson's Ocean. I'll admit that I was intrigued when I saw the photo that Hansell posted a few months back showing an extremely dark bourbon, but after learning the price ($200) and proof (82) this was an easy pass. Besides, if I want true ocean bourbon I just need to drive down to the beach and add some sea water to a pour. Uh oh...maybe I just prompted the next gimmick...

I can't imagine leaving a Tribute behind. Then again, I've never left a PT behind. I've passed up many Traditons and WTAS. Some that were priced right have followed me home though.

Ok, after 3 of you gave me crap about it, I picked up the Tribute and PT KS.

Got a call today asking if I was interested in a Jefferson's Ocean. I'll admit that I was intrigued when I saw the photo that Hansell posted a few months back showing an extremely dark bourbon, but after learning the price ($200) and proof (82) this was an easy pass. Besides, if I want true ocean bourbon I just need to drive down to the beach and add some sea water to a pour. Uh oh...maybe I just prompted the next gimmick...

I like the idea of finding out how much difference being out at sea would have on a barrel of bourbon, and while it is low proof, I'd still love to try it out. Here in Ohio, we will never see a bottle of it.

Ok, after 3 of you gave me crap about it, I picked up the Tribute and PT KS.

You should really enjoy both of those bottles. If you need some help working them down... I'm your man!

2009 Handy @ $57.99

2011 ER 17 @ $64.99

I stared at the Handy for a minute, then left it there.

At that price I would buy the Handy. I have tripped all over Handy around here but all over $70.

2009 Handy @ $57.99

2011 ER 17 @ $64.99

I stared at the Handy for a minute, then left it there.

I enjoyed the '11 ER17, I probably would have bunkered it for $65.

As for me, I passed up a bunch of the Jeffersons 18 year SW juice, for $84. I see it every where, doesn't seem to be a lot of takers at that price.

Passed up today and over the course of the week:

Col Taylor SB: $54

Col Taylor Tornado: $70

Col Taylor Rye: $74

FRSB '12: $68

Ritt 23: $156

TH Handy '11: $75

HW 21 Rye: $135

Probably go back after the Col Taylor Rye next week...wife had to have her tequila & I was just too cheap today!

Saw a lot of good things today,but you can't pull the trigger every time.

ER17@$79

THH@$79

HP18@$99

Laphroaig 18@$99

Balvenie 17 Peated Cask@$99

The Highland Park was definitely the hardest to walk away from at that price.

Passed up 2010 Handy priced at $97.99 at two different stores. Not sure why there is so much 2010 THH in Florida or why it is so expensive.

Saw a lot of good things today,but you can't pull the trigger every time.

HP18@$99

The Highland Park was definitely the hardest to walk away from at that price.

Agree - I've only seen this below $100 once - and bought it.

Road tripping through KY today:

Handy$75

EH Taylor rye $67

EH Taylor barrel proof $67

About 2 cases of Ritt BIB (I bought 2 to go with the other 3 in the bunker)

The 2011 BTAC is sold out here, with the exception of ER17. Today I noticed that I've been passing up both the 2010 and 2011 releases. I have an open ER17 on its last legs, one of these will probably find a home once it is emptied.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!