What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

T Comp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just a bunch of ice cold Old Style while watching sports on tv. Nothing fancy but it hit the spot.

Been sittin' out back sippin' on my last Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. Now, I must wait until KBF, when I can pick up more of this fantastic beer while in Kentucky.

For the first time this weekend, I tried the Sam Adams Octoberfest special brew. IMHO, it is exceptionally good. I got a case at Costco for $27, which is much better than the $9 or so that SA sells for by the 6-pack around here.

Tim

For the first time this weekend, I tried the Sam Adams Octoberfest special brew. IMHO, it is exceptionally good. I got a case at Costco for $27, which is much better than the $9 or so that SA sells for by the 6-pack around here.

Tim

We just had a lengthy discussion about SA Oktoberfest too, now that it's shown up on store shelves, along with Spaten's classic Oktoberfest. I usually get a case of each and they last me through the next few months when I just peck away at them a few at a time. Enjoy, Tim!

This weekend I enjoyed a Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Sweetwater Festive that had been hiding in the back of the fridge.

Just picked up a Rogue Chipotle Ale. Rogue is my favorite brewery at the moment. But this Chipotle Ale isn't what I thought it would be. It isn't bad per se. I just expected more pepper kick.

Today I picked up a 6 of Snake Dog India Pale Ale from the fine folks at Flying Dog Ales of Fredrick, MD.

Good IPA, weighs in at 7.1%ABV & 60IBU.

It is a worthy brother of MI fine IPA's and better than the ones I have had from CO & CA.

This leads me to a question.

Back in the early to mid 1990's there was a micro brewer in Fredrick, MD.

I took the tour and afterwards got to sample their wheat beer, it was the best I ever had.

But what ever happened to Fredrick Brewery?

Did they become Flying Dog?

Today I picked up a 6 of Snake Dog India Pale Ale from the fine folks at Flying Dog Ales of Fredrick, MD.

Good IPA, weighs in at 7.1%ABV & 60IBU.

It is a worthy brother of MI fine IPA's and better than the ones I have had from CO & CA.

This leads me to a question.

Back in the early to mid 1990's there was a micro brewer in Fredrick, MD.

I took the tour and afterwards got to sample their wheat beer, it was the best I ever had.

But what ever happened to Fredrick Brewery?

Did they become Flying Dog?

This just in from Erin Biles, Public Relations Manager of Flying Dog Ales,...

Hey Oscar,

The physical building aside, Flying Dog has no connection to Frederick Brewing Company.

Cheers!

Erin

---

Erin Biles

Public Relations Manager

Picked up twelve packs of Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Spaten Oktoberfest and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, the latter to be consumed over the next few days when temps are supposed to climb back into the nineties. Will be hitting the Oktoberfest beers when temps drop in the evening and I've got one bottle of Aventinus left for the grand finale.

Picked up twelve packs of Sam Adams Oktoberfest, Spaten Oktoberfest and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, the latter to be consumed over the next few days when temps are supposed to climb back into the nineties. Will be hitting the Oktoberfest beers when temps drop in the evening and I've got one bottle of Aventinus left for the grand finale.

I always liked Hacker-Pschorr OctoberFest, haven't seen it around the last couple of years.

I'm drinking a Hop Notch from Uinta Brewing. It's a fairly recent release and I've been loving it ever since. It's always great to see a new full-strength beer in Utah, particularly an IPA.

I'm drinking a Hop Notch from Uinta Brewing. It's a fairly recent release and I've been loving it ever since. It's always great to see a new full-strength beer in Utah, particularly an IPA.

I was impressed with their Duhbe Imperial Black Ale I had on tap a few weeks ago. Certainly not an everyday sipper but still in balance between hops and roasted malt and in spite of 9.2 % ABV and 109 IBU's. Saw bottles of it here the other day at Binny's too.

I always liked Hacker-Pschorr OctoberFest, haven't seen it around the last couple of years.

I like that one too. I actually think I saw it yesterday, come to think of it.

I bought a sixer of Sam Adams Octoberfest and it is excellent. I can't believe I've never tried this before. I'll definitely be checking out a few more Oktoberfest releases.

I bought a sixer of Sam Adams Octoberfest and it is excellent. I can't believe I've never tried this before. I'll definitely be checking out a few more Oktoberfest releases.

I definitely think it's one of the best ones out there and certainly among the better domestic Oktoberfest beers on the market. Cheers!

Finally broke down and had my first three Oktoberfests of the year -- Great Lakes, Capital and Spaten. Really enjoyed the Great Lakes tremendously; the other two were decidedly inferior to my taste buds. I'm really growing to like Great Lakes' offerings.

Finally broke down and had my first three Oktoberfests of the year -- Great Lakes, Capital and Spaten. Really enjoyed the Great Lakes tremendously; the other two were decidedly inferior to my taste buds. I'm really growing to like Great Lakes' offerings.

Spaten Oktoberfest is the standard by which all others are measured and is recognized throughout the world as a classic. I think the American versions are often maltier and therefore possibly fuller of flavor to us Americans but at the same time not quite faithful to the traditional German style. To each his own, I guess.

Spaten Oktoberfest is the standard by which all others are measured and is recognized throughout the world as a classic. I think the American versions are often maltier and therefore possibly fuller of flavor to us Americans but at the same time not quite faithful to the traditional German style. To each his own, I guess.

I guarantee the Great Lakes and Capital were fresher, which can certainly make a difference as well. Perhaps one day I'll get to taste some fresh, unpasteurized Spaten O-fest at the source. Or at least from a tap at a place like Resi's.

I guarantee the Great Lakes and Capital were fresher, which can certainly make a difference as well. Perhaps one day I'll get to taste some fresh, unpasteurized Spaten O-fest at the source. Or at least from a tap at a place like Resi's.

Don't forget Laschet's which is just a few doors down from Resi's.

Don't forget Laschet's which is just a few doors down from Resi's.

But it lacks Resi's dank charm!

I was really hoping I could show a little restraint, and hold off popping my first SA Octoberfest until Sept 1. But, you guys killed that dream...:D SAO is my absolute favorite of the various Oktoberfest releases, and I've been looking forward to it for a couple of months, now. So, I broke down and just finished my first out on the back patio. Dang, that is good beer! Well, I gues it is September 1...somewhere???????...:D

DUBAI!!!!...........

I was shocked to discover that I was out of Bitter American, so I headed to the store to fix that issue.

My fave beer, hands down and I'm going to put a heckuva dent this weekend in the 12 that I bought.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!