What Beer Are You Drinking - Summer 2012

T Comp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll probably pick up some Wookie Jacks pretty soon - black IPA is great autumn beer for me and Union Jack has been a regular in my rotation all summer. Nice to hear a good review.

Well the temperature is dropping here in Central KY and it's starting to feel like fall (at times). So I decided to go with a beer that has more of a roasted malt flavor rather than an IPA like usual. I picked up one I had never tried before, Sierra Nevada Porter. This stuff is great and just perfectly fit what I was looking for tonight.

Big Sky Moose Drool brown ale. I'm with you regarding seasonal beer tastes - been a couple weeks since I had an IPA, that's some kind of record for me.

Finally had my first taste of Oskar Blues beer. I picked up a six pack of Dale's Pale Ale yesterday and absolutely loved it. I was surprised by how hoppy it is, especially for a pale ale. Although it has only 65 IBU's this beer comes across like an IPA. Can't wait to try the rest of their beers.

Did a little grilling today and threw back a couple Founders Breakfast Stouts,the burgers were good and the beer was great!

With thanks to Ox, settling down to click back and forth between Braves and Falcons with Great Lakes Oktoberfest. I'm going to the GL Dortmunder Gold, next!

The most recent brew I had was Yuengling Traditional Lager. I am certainly looking forward to the Leinenkugel Fireside Nut Brown. Certainly one of my favorite seasonals.

I've been working on a growler of Half Acre Brewery's Daisy Cutter Pale Ale today. Nice grapefruit citrus on the entry, light body and a finish well-balanced with bitter hops and bright sugars. I really liked this local brew when I first had it years ago. Subsequent batches over the last few years have disappointed me with too much honey-like sweetness, but I think they have it right for my tastes again - especially coming from a growler via the brewery's own taps.

I also picked up two 4-pack tallboys of their occasionally brewed Double Daisy Cutter. I like the DDC more than the regular DC and I wasn't expecting to find it there. Too bad they were only selling it in cans.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!