What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Since I've got a full bottle behind now, some Johnny Drum Private Stock is in order! Wish I could get this here in Georgia for what they charge in TN (under $25 I thought was a steal!)

Since I've got a full bottle behind now, some Johnny Drum Private Stock is in order! Wish I could get this here in Georgia for what they charge in TN (under $25 I thought was a steal!)

My standard for Saturday during football season.....Fighting Cock 8-year watching the Columbias Bowl.....Columbia, SC vs Columbia, Mo

PHC 2012 cut to 110 proof. A stunning whiskey and amazingly well integrated. PHC has now become my most anticipated series. Parker just doesn't miss.

At half time, it's USC 21, Mizzou 3 so I'm feeling cocky--FC, that is.

Celebrated the conclusion with just a short pour of EC 18 'cause there ain't no more where that came from.

Just back from the GT-Miami game. I sampled the PHC 2012 and it's everything smokinjoe says it is. That's why I put the bottles under lock and key and told my wife to hide the key. I'm not going to waste excellent bourbon on a bad mood. I think I'll have a few martinis tonight instead.

4R Mariage 2009, so very very good, and a pour of OGD 114, as I was up late reading a good book and wanted a second glass to sip.

This morning I had an OCPR SS last of the bottle great to the last drop.

This afternoon I had an 2007 OWA. Delicious!

HW American Prairie Reserve while watching the Falcons game. It has plenty of rye spice but is dry without any sweetness at all. I can definitely taste the 4R in the mix but it is pretty young tasting. Kind of like watered down 4R SB, despite being 92 proof and non chill filtered. I'd guess there is a good bit more LDI 6 year than 4R 10 year in this. I wouldn't buy it again but it is drinkable and at $38 certainly doesn't break the bank. I think it will work just fine in a Manhattan or Old Fashioned.

Finished up the PHC from last year finished in the Cognac barrels. Enjoyed it, not my favorite but a nice bottle.

Best regards, Tony

Grabbed this off the front of the bar. with my metal "ice cube"

oh, had a Whistle Pig Manhattan last night at a restaurant

IMAG1175_zpse734d854.jpg

Edited by bigtoys

Sipping on one of the more pleasant surprises that I have picked up lately, Johnny Drum Private Stock. I wasn't expecting much out of it when I picked it up in Bardstown for $27 and change, but it's turned out to be a very nice pour.

to celebrate my 34th wedding anniversary, having some PVW15 along with a Padilla 1948 cigar. outstanding

Gary

FR1B 2012 LE. Yummy. Only the second pour out if the bottle. Gonna be savoring this one for a while. One of their best LE's to my taste.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!