What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with a JD SB then moved on to GTS '11 Great Stuff. Definitly does not disappoint, simply stagalicios!!!

2 bottles left need to get the new allocation. Preparing to start harassing the locals with daily calls anytime now. Someday I am sure I will tire of the antics but, the juice keeps bringing me back. I just need to make sure I have a few glasses in advance to its release to get my proper motivation. :grin:

Decided to open an EBSB '08 12yr tonight. I had forgotten how nice this is. I wish EC 12 had this flavor profile, but it always comes up really short.

Sendik's barrel of EC12. I must say that this is the most aggressive EC12 I've ever had, and I mean that in a good way. And I've been cutting it down, which I never do with the standard bottling. Few drops of water makes it sweeter and somewhat lush.

Two nights ago, a Manhattan made with Ritt BiB. Delightful!

Last night, OGD 114. A simple pleasure, but one that's inexpesive and fairly easily available.

A modified SB blend: 1 part Larceny and 1 part Weller 12. The 12 added a little wood and dryness to the sweet Larceny. Not bad, not bad.

A modified SB blend: 1 part Larceny and 1 part Weller 12. The 12 added a little wood and dryness to the sweet Larceny. Not bad, not bad.

Heretic!

I considered this, but I'm out of Weller 12.

Sendik's barrel of EC12. I must say that this is the most aggressive EC12 I've ever had, and I mean that in a good way. And I've been cutting it down, which I never do with the standard bottling. Few drops of water makes it sweeter and somewhat lush.

Finished a "standard bottle" of EC12 last night but, in my experience, EC varies so much it might as well be a single barrel. This bottle was one of the best with a wonderful nose and rich mouthfeel. Hoping the next bottle is just close to being as good.

Sippin' on some Bulleit right now. It's nothing special, obviously, but it sure is hitting the spot.

A cocktail with some apple cider and OWA. Think I will move to the Four Roses Single Barrel 2012.

Best regards, tony

Haven't had a whiskey sour in ages, so a double using VW Lot B seemed like a good call.

Please share your recipe, have had some mediocre ones recently.

Best regards, Tony

Please share your recipe, have had some mediocre ones recently.

Best regards, Tony

I cheated - using Mr & Mrs T's Whiskey Sour mix, and followed the label's instructions in terms of ratio (3.5 ounces of mix to 1.5 ounces of whiskey). I had the mix chilled, so I didn't add 1 cup of ice (maybe 1/2 cup worth of cubes or less), but I like mine more on the sour side. I've had better, but I enjoy my whiskey neat 95%+ of the time - so I'm lazy when it comes to cocktails. I went with this brand because I've had their bloody mary mix before and thought it was excellent, and it was decent as far as whiskey sours are concerned.

PHC 4 grain too (I'll stay with my 90 rating of it), preceded by a stellar light top WTKS bottled on 1/4/09. I also learned a half bottle pour of '12 GI Bourbon County Stout, is the perfect company for these bourbons, or probably any other :grin:.

Finished a "standard bottle" of EC12 last night but, in my experience, EC varies so much it might as well be a single barrel...

EC does seem to vary more than it used to. Maybe a good thing? The regular bottles are worth the $$, the exceptional bottles are worth the chase.

Gorgeous Fall day, today. Mid-60's, light breeze, sunny skies...just awoke from a killer nap out in the hammock by the pond, and now just lazing out here sipping on the 2012 PHC. Now, if someone would just bring me a sizzlin' medium-rare, bone-in ribeye, I might think I had died and gone to Heaven.

Enjoying some VW Lot B, as well as having the doors/windows open! Should have taken Joe's idea of a nap - perfect weather for it!

Cold, damp weather here today. After dinner my wife and I took a walk around town. To warm up, I had the last of my bottle of Yellowstone 90 and a few ounces of EC12 after that. My wife had a little Hochstadter's Rock and Rye. It's a new rock and rye on the shelf here in PA and it's dang good. Check it out here- http://drinkslowandlow.com/

Went quail hunting with my brother-in-law to start the day, ended it at the grill with the family. In between was some van Winkle Lot B and a glass of GTS 2011.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!