What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sipping on one of the more pleasant surprises that I have picked up lately, Johnny Drum Private Stock. I wasn't expecting much out of it when I picked it up in Bardstown for $27 and change, but it's turned out to be a very nice pour.

That was my first ever KBD product just 2 years ago or so, and for me the price to value ratio is way up there. For under $30, this is probably in my top 5. Just wish more stores carried it here in GA!

Sipping on one of the more pleasant surprises that I have picked up lately, Johnny Drum Private Stock. I wasn't expecting much out of it when I picked it up in Bardstown for $27 and change, but it's turned out to be a very nice pour.

Compared some dusty JW Dant BIB's, 2/31 beat out 2/16 tonight, now trying to finish off this bottle of PHC Cognac before the new one hits the local stores.

AAA 10yr for $17 should have bought more while at TPS,great value pour..

That stuff is fantastic, grabbed 3 bottles in my last TPS order.

I've switched it up to some TPS OBSK. Brought it down to about 100 proof, great sweet minty and spicy rye taste. Struggled with this bottle, but I think I've found the sweet spot. I think some air has helped as well.

It's been a long day of travel out west so I'm celebrating getting to my room with a pour of 1789b Bowman 14yr...this bottle has definitely improved with time...too bad this is the last pour from the bottle! :(

Last night it was OGD114 as I screamed at the scab refs on my TV.

Last night it was PHC 2012, which is incredibly smooth and complex stuff, but after watching those refs I should have been drinking Jack Daniels!! Good God!!

Had a few different pours last night, but the pleasant surprise was a current bottle of Wild Turkey 8yo from Japan. I wasn't expecting much, but it's packed with flavor (I get a lot of nutty flavors and a bit of sweet cream) and extremely well-balanced. It's a shame this isn't available in the U.S. cause this would be THE value pour in my opinion.

Had a few different pours last night, but the pleasant surprise was a current bottle of Wild Turkey 8yo from Japan. I wasn't expecting much, but it's packed with flavor (I get a lot of nutty flavors and a bit of sweet cream) and extremely well-balanced. It's a shame this isn't available in the U.S. cause this would be THE value pour in my opinion.

I have a bottle of this and I'm also a fan. If I want some whiskey on the rocks I often go to this as it seems to hold up well on ice.

Hitting some 1789b OWA #10 tonight and it's filled with fruit (cherries, raspberries), brown sugar/maple, and a sweetness that has a honey like characteristic to it.This is one complex pour. It has some wood notes on the finish and a dryness that reminds me of a bourbon that is in the 10-12yr range...this one is 7yr 4mo IIRC. It's probably my favorite OWA SB that I've had the opportunity to pour from. I was definitely one of the ones who what skeptical that BT couple make a great wheater and this barrel has turned me into a believer. I sincerely hope BT keeps OWA as part of the barrel program as I really believe that it's one of the best values out there at $20-$22 a bottle! :cool:

PVW15 tonight to celebrate the Braves clinching a spot in the post season. Freddie Freeman with his first walkoff homerun in the bottom of the 9th!

ORVW 90, having been drinking bourbon for only a few years i half thought people loved the Van Winkle marketing more than the product.....ok, i was wrong. Very solid bourbon with a few ice cubes.

OWA and then Weller 12. They are a good compliment to each other. I contemplated making a mini-SB blend for the second pour but I'm glad I didn't; the woodiness and long finish of the 12 year old is enjoyable tonight.

Bringing my languishing bottle of Maker's Mark 46 to band practice tonight. The fill level has been right under the shoulder since March, but my band mates will probably polish it off halfway through our set.

PVW15 tonight to celebrate the Braves clinching a spot in the post season. Freddie Freeman with his first walkoff homerun in the bottom of the 9th!

Great game. But if you drank PVW15 to celebrate the Braves' spot in that asinine wild card play-in game, what have you got ready for a real playoff spot?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!