What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some Weller SR tonight - mainly to kill that bottle off to make room. When compared to most other drams in the cupboard, this isn't one of my favs - but I forget that on its own there ain't nothing wrong with it!

Started with EWW, on the rocks, reminded me of a mix of bourbon and Mellow Corn. Tasty! Then moved on to finish my PHC Cognac. I'm done.... ;)

Some Weller SR tonight - mainly to kill that bottle off to make room. When compared to most other drams in the cupboard, this isn't one of my favs - but I forget that on its own there ain't nothing wrong with it!

Vosgar brought a private bottling of Weller SR to bowling tonight. Like you said Gary, on it's own there ain't nothing wrong with it. I brought some dusty JW Dant along for good measure. It was a good night. :cool:

Eagle Rare 101 10yo AKA Baby Stagg, neat.

Switching gears,....I am now on Evan Williams White Label Bottled In Bond, and of course neat.

I had a about half a bottle of Baby Saz and one third a bottle of Handy. Dumped the Handy into the Baby Saz. The Handy gave more to the Saz than the Saz took away from the Handy. I'm enjoying a glass before supper.

I had a about half a bottle of Baby Saz and one third a bottle of Handy. Dumped the Handy into the Baby Saz. The Handy gave more to the Saz than the Saz took away from the Handy. I'm enjoying a glass before supper.

A half and a third and you can still type,...hmm, and I thought I was the black-out-poster- supreme.

Just opened my bottle of WT101 while in chat. Good drink, good friends and good conversation. Come join in if you can.

Had some Mellow Corn from a new bottle. I noted elsewhere that this is quite a bit darker than the last bottle I had. Wow, this is good stuff. Think cotton candy and buttery popcorn that's just been slightly singed.

Trying a comparison between Four Roses 2012 SB and the Four Roses gift Shop 17yo SB. post-4976-14489818297167_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

How do you like the 17 yr old? I'm going to 4 Roses next Friday, so I'll have to decide whether or not to bring one home.

A nice pour of AAA 10 star. Great stuff at a great price! In the process of making some bacon-infused bourbon (16 ounces of OWA107 with about a half-cup of strained bacon fat). Stuff takes 6 hours to "blend/mingle" before going in the freezer, but should be ready to drink tomorrow. If a success - its coming with me to the next GBS meeting. If not . . . I wasted 2/3 a bottle of OWA107 (so really hoping it is good!!)

How do you like the 17 yr old? I'm going to 4 Roses next Friday, so I'll have to decide whether or not to bring one home.

I enjoyed it a lot more then the 2012 SB. But if you like with a bit more spice you may prefer the 2012. I found the 17 to be kind of creamy and worked wonderfully with my cigar, also has a richer deeper color to it as well.

Best regards, Tony

Trying some 2012 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon that I just got earlier today. Tasting it neat and I'm not sure I like it. Tastes way too hot, in my opinion.

I did some tasting and reviewing of Mexican spirits early, but I'm ending the night with Russell's Reserve and FR1B. A wide variety tonight.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!