Four Roses LE Single Barrel 2013

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I would agree that the '11 didn't suit my tastes,I think the '13 is a good pour,because I am an OBSK fan but not the best of the releases for sure,middle of the road for me.

The wonderful thing about four roses is that they have 5 yeasts and two mashbills for 10 unique bourbons. They are meant to be different from each other and appeal to different tastes.

I have 2011 thru 2013 LE single barrels open right now. They are three distinctly different bourbons. 2011 and 2013 were light, delicate and floral. 2012 was big and in your face.

I like the 2012 most but the other two are damn fine Bourbons. I do not regret purchasing any of them.

I wasn't a huge an at first, but after having it open a few weeks (and having a few more pours along the way) I can't seem to get enough of it. Def a fan!

the 16 year barrel i got at binnys is soooo much better than the 13 year the bar got for 2013... Ill drink both but really binneys got the better deal.

I finally got some today and I don't know y'all are on about. I think it's great. Reminds me of the old school Four Roses ltd ed releases. Got that floral/bubble gum thing going on.

Don't forget that you are all talking about and comparing single barrel releases. It's not like the LE Small Batches where we are all talking about the same exact bourbon. I've in the past tasted different bottles of the same year's SB LE from two different barrels and had two different experiences. Even though it's part of the same release I don't think the chosen barrels are always that close to each other in profile.

Edited by nivto

Don't forget that you are all talking about and comparing single barrel releases. It's not like the LE Small Batches where we are all talking about the same exact bourbon. I've in the past tasted different bottles of the same year's SB LE from two different barrels and had two different experiences. Even though it's part of the same release I don't think the chosen barrels are always that close to each other in profile.

Indeed. The one I opened is Warehouse BS, Barrel No. 3-3Q

My bottle of the 2013 1B is absolutely fantastic; at once aggressive and mature. I drank through two bottles of the 2012 and they were both utterly forgettable. The 2011 I had was challenging up front, but opened up beautifully over many many months.

But like Ryan said, you can't really generalize with these 1B releases.

the 16 year barrel i got at binnys is soooo much better than the 13 year the bar got for 2013... Ill drink both but really binneys got the better deal.

What's this Binny's 16yo of which you speak????

My bottle states the warehouse BS and barrel 3-3M which I like a lot as well.

Edited by tigerlam92

I drank through two bottles of the 2012 and they were both utterly forgettable.

Why'd you get the second then? Had to make sure you were forgetting the first correctly?

Why'd you get the second then? Had to make sure you were forgetting the first correctly?

I'm a FR fanboy and wanted to give the release a second chance before making a final judgment. Different bottle, different barrel, same disappointment.

That's a bummer. I have no idea which barrel I tasted. Al had a little unmarked bottle with him, and gave me a taste. The taste I got was certainly OBSK with just the right amount of tannins for me. Certainly oakier than the 10's we usually get to taste, but not dominating. Guess that's the dance we waltz into with single barrels.

I'm talking about the '12, just to be clear, OESK. My bottle of the '13 is gorgeous!

Oh. Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were talking about the '13.

I'm a FR fanboy and wanted to give the release a second chance before making a final judgment. Different bottle, different barrel, same disappointment.

I commend your loyalty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since ECBP just showed up around here recently I'm hoping this will be next to pop up on shelves. Anyone in TX spot this yet?

2013 4R SBLE -- 60%, Warehouse B5 -- Barrel 3-3M

$81.99

Through no particular effort on my own since I buy what is offered, and there usually aren't many bottles to choose from, I have ended up with three separate barrels (3-3O, 3-3P, 3-3Q), all around 60 proof but slightly different and all from Warehouse BS (I think it is an "S", not a 5).

Hidden
B5 / barrel 3-2D and it is fantastic, tracked down 3 more after a evening with the 1st bottle scored
  • 3 weeks later...

Just received the one bottle my local shop got, warehouse BS(5?), Barrel 3-3Q - ~$84

Yeah, that's BS, as in the south side of the B warehouse. The barrel # also locates it's position in the warehouse (similar to seats in a commercial jet).

Edited by MauiSon

Sounds like the reviews are positive but what say those that haven't yet posted tasting notes, is this a winner? Those that have had exposure to more than the 2013 vintage, where does it stand amongst its 4R brethren both LE and non? FWIW I don't have any so I am hoping to experience it vicariously via those that do.

It's 13 year old OBSK picked by the hand of Jim Rutledge. That should be enough.

Not enough? Haha, okay. I've been through two bottles and it's phenomenal. Probably my favorite recipe at a fine age. Total spice bomb.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.