Four Roses LE Single Barrel 2013

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I didn't like the bottle when I first opened it. I just couldn't get a grasp of all the different flavor notes. After having been open for a while and breathing, it is a beautiful pour. Light honey, spices, dried orange peel, mint, cloves, nuttiness on the nose. Without water, its a bit too much and a little bit of water really helps, or alot. Palate is also lightly sweet, delicate spices and mint on the finish. This is one of those bottles that really make me understand what a "premium" bourbon is like.

Edited by bin31z

Ok Recently Jan 2014 I ran across three bottles of the 2013 Limited Edition Barrel Strength Single barrel OBSK I paid $99.99 per bottle.. I have yet to open one and taste it.. I am waiting for a sepecial ocassion.. I do have a couple of bottles of regular FR Single Barrel.. They are on the store shelfs in our area for $39.99 but it does look like they are slowly being bought up.. Cheers P.S the lable staed 6559 bottles and they were numbered..

I saw one at MSRP a few months back and passed. I should have picked it up. I was holding out hope for either PVW or BTAC. That was stupid.

Any details on the 2014 limited sgl brl? Mashbill age etc.
Good question. Seems about time for details on this one to roll out.

Someone "in the know" mentioned what it was the other night. I can't remember which recipe (OESF maybe?) it was but I'm pretty sure it was one that hasn't been used for the LE's yet. Does that SB member want to start the thread? Hint, hint, hint...

Good question. Seems about time for details on this one to roll out.

I checked earlier and came up empty. The info was out in November for the 2013...wonder what the hold up is?

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting this thread to say: Barrel proof OBSK @13 yrs is bourbon Nirvana. And I want to say it here so as not to be guilty of jumping on the hype wagon of one of the last semi-available super premiums. Just had my last pour of my last bottle of the 2013 and even at the end, oxidation and all it is one of the best pours I have experienced. There I said it and this will not be repeated in the open forums.

PS I do have a PS 1B OBSK in the bunker which is a bit younger but holds much promise.

Edited by Old Dusty

Resurrecting this thread to say: Barrel proof OBSK @13 yrs is bourbon Nirvana. And I want to say it here so as not to be guilty of jumping on the hype wagon of one of the last semi-available super premiums. Just had my last pour of my last bottle of the 2013 and even at the end, oxidation and all it is one of the best pours I have experienced. There I said it and this will not be repeated in the open forums.

PS I do have a PS 1B OBSK in the bunker which is a bit younger but holds much promise.

I have to say, even with all the hype and kudos around the 13 SmB LE I think the SiB LE is better. Spicy, citrusy, just lovely. Have a couple more unopened and waiting for me in the bunker.

I have to say, even with all the hype and kudos around the 13 SmB LE I think the SiB LE is better. Spicy, citrusy, just lovely. Have a couple more unopened and waiting for me in the bunker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.