What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

81 in chicago last year yesterday...how depressing. weller 12 in my glass right now.

A little Larceny this evening; have to do an inspection of a Jail tomorrow for insurance purposes, figured Larceny was the way to go.

81 in chicago last year yesterday...how depressing. weller 12 in my glass right now.

Nothing depressing about having a nice wheater in your glass. Living in Chi-Town.... Well... That is up for debate. :grin:

ND Old Taylor to start with. Didn't care for it when I opened it a few months ago but I'm enjoying it now.

Trying to figure out what drink goes best with a first round NIT ass whopping.

Something barrel proof, for sure.

Hidden

Blue wax Makers Mark. :lol:

Went 4R OESQ. Terrific. But going by the start of this 2nd half shoulda (and might) reached for the Stagg.

Just finished my first pour ever of OGD BIB and now going with my first pour of Rittenhouse Rye BIB. Both excellent. New value pours for sure.

Out to eat, new place, weak selection of bourbon so went with a couple of pours I wouldn't normally buy. Dickel rye followed by Backbone bourbon. Didn't mind either especially w the steak. Probably wouldn't turn down either if offered but won't run to the store.

About to get the night started with a nice pour of Mellow Corn BiB that I picked up earlier today. Never had, figured why not. Definitely some heat on this one, little sweetness coming through is keeping me sipping though.

Had to have a 2nd pour of JPS18. So good!!! Ending up with a small pour of Knob Creek

Pouring the newly found PHC Wheater. Its more amazing than I remembered.

Nice one! What ABV/Proof is your bottle?

Holy crap, I LOVE JPS 18. I hate to have to dish out another $100 for a bottle, but I guess I'm gonna have to when this one is gone :-(

Nice one! What ABV/Proof is your bottle?

Is there that much of a difference? I've only had the lower proof one so far (which I know is supposed to be better.)

Holy crap, I LOVE JPS 18. I hate to have to dish out another $100 for a bottle, but I guess I'm gonna have to when this one is gone :-(

Get it while you can. It's not like they're making more. Definitely good stuff.

Is there that much of a difference? I've only had the lower proof one so far (which I know is supposed to be better.)

Dunno personally - more of a curiosity I suppose... I haven't opened up mine yet (63.9%) so I'm just gathering data.

Pouring the newly found PHC Wheater. Its more amazing than I remembered.

You're pulling the best dusties from every decade. The 2010 PHC is a classic. Some may say the 124.2 proofer is the best...others the 127.8. They're both good. My favorite is the one in my glass.

Who called this meeting? Started with Breckenridge, moved to PHC 2010, now on JPS18. Glad I've got 2 more in the bunker. Joe is right, better grab it while you can.

Going with the vatted wheater thing: Weller 12, Bernheim, 1843 and VSOF 12.

Since I like screw caps, it's in an HHG BIB bottle, plus I like the old time short square bottle.

To determine for myself whether or not squire is full of it, I decided to purchase my first bottle of VOB BiB this afternoon. Suffice to say, he is.

I then proceeded to do an unblind sampling of my paltry bourbon/rye collection. Unsurprisingly, OWA and OGD114 were the foulest of the lot.

lots of jps18 poured last night. for me, i had pours from weller 12, obsk, and jps18. wanted to join the PHC '10 club, but that's been finished for quite some time and no luck finding a replacement lately.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!