What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cracked open a bottle of EWSB 2002 last night... flavors seemed kinda thin, but I've only had a couple fingers so far.

FRSmB LE '12 and now onto a bold pour of '11 GTS shaping up to be a pretty good night!:grin:

Doing the "corned beef" thing here in Idaho tonight as well. I am partaking in some G.T. Stag from the BTAC. ..............(with a splash of branch water.....shhhhhhh)

A little Rendezvous Rye, neat. Rye bread with dill pickle juice. Such a far cry from VWFRR, or even the younger but more integrated flavor of RR BIB.

I may have to vat the last 20% left in the bottle. Any suggestions?

EWSB 02. Man, I like this year!

Need to work though what is left in the store to get the 03 to come in.

Fortunately, the currently bottle is nearing empty.

B

Well, I drank half my pour of Rendezvous, then vatted it by adding the equal amount of Old Bardstown 101.

A decided improvement on either by themselves. I may just combine the rest of the two bottles.

Col. E.H. Taylor Single Barrel. Not as good as the Tornado, but it has been disappearing fast.

Finished a HW Rendezvous Rye bottle tonight by drinking the last little bit. It was good, but this batch was not as good as some of the previous ones I've had.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does ND as used in the above post mean? I've seen it several times, but can't figure it out.

Yes, three of the more common 'dusty' brands still found today are Old Taylor, Old Crow and Old Grand Dad, all of which were owned and produced by the old National Distillers Co. until the sale of the brands to Beam in 1987. Under ND the brands had separate identities, mashbill, yeast, production and aging differences and each was blended to match a specific brand profile. After the sale to Beam only Grand Dad was produced with it's identity intact while the other two were diminished into entry level value brands filled with standard Beam recipe whisky.

ND had other brands of course, some whose brand names go back to the 1880s, I'm just mentioning the three most commonly available as a dusty ND product. So if you come across a bottle of Taylor or Crow bottled prior to 1987 you've found a dusty that still has the flavor profile that made those brands World famous.

Evan Williams White Label Bottled In Bond on the rocks.

4 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes until this thread is irrelevant.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!