What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last call here is 2002 OFBB.

Hands down my favorite OFBB produced...I'm closing the night with a different Willett 8yr Wheater...two fantastic barrels of bourbon with each having it's strong points. ;)

This one's for Will. :bowdown:

Went to bed early last night, and got up early this morning. Fixed myself some coffee and decided to have a pour to go along side it for a change. I found out that ER 101 goes exceptionally well with my Millstone Chocolate Velvet coffee. :yum: Fixed myself a ham, cheese, and onion omelette after that. That was good too. Great start to the morning.

Cheers! Joe

Edited by fishnbowljoe

Have to recall last night..... got together with a bourbon lovin' friend. We started with two healthy pours each of OWA.

Then we capped the evening with a nice big shot of Bookers on a touch of cracked ice. Very nice.

You guys have all been very inspiring (and eye opening). Thanks.

Ol' Don

Joe I wish I had some ER 101 to go with my coffee this morning, that was some good stuff.

I've been on a wheater kick the last couple of days and will continue on with it for now.

I've been on a wheater kick the last couple of days and will continue on with it for now.

Wheaters are hard to beat. Makers early then Pappy more recently were my "gateway drugs" to good bourbon. Working my way through the rye side but it's easy to return to my first love.

Wheaters are hard to beat. Makers early then Pappy more recently were my "gateway drugs" to good bourbon. Working my way through the rye side but it's easy to return to my first love.

It was the other way around for me. I started out with Jim Beam and moved to Jefferson's Reserve and got stuck there for a while. Always kept MM around for guests more than for myself. I still love my "traditional" ryed bourbons, but there are a few wheaters that are really starting to grow on me.

It was the other way around for me. I started out with Jim Beam and moved to Jefferson's Reserve and got stuck there for a while. Always kept MM around for guests more than for myself. I still love my "traditional" ryed bourbons, but there are a few wheaters that are really starting to grow on me.

Probably only need to look at our respective avatars to see our roots then.:grin:

Poured some Noah's Mill but just not feeling the love tonight. Switched to AAA and happy again :grin:

Out back, in front of a good fire, with a fresh pour of the new Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve Single Barrel. IMO, this is the absolute best Turkey they are putting into a bottle, right now. Fabulous. The nose is spectacular. There's something there that I can't get a bead on, but it really shines. And, it leads into a chewy burnt sugar bomb upon first sip. Continues with a heavy, oily, oakey, back palate that is reminiscent of Turkey of old. This bottle gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we can see the regular WT return to what it once was. This is a repeat buy for me.

I just have to figure out what it is that gives this whiskey that fabulous nose...

The wife and I are thoroughly enjoying hearty pours of VOB, I didn't like this pour at all when I first opened the bottle but tonight it is delicious

@Century Bar tonight. Saz 18 & CEHT Barrel Proof, both delicious. I questioned the Taylor because of cost vs age compared to GTS, it is a fantastic pour, I was wrong to doubt.

PVW 20, 23, CEHT Rye, EC12 Cask Stength, PHC12, F.E.W. Rye, 4RSBLE'12, 4RSB OBSK, Woodinville Whiskey Bourbon 3yr. "Regular Barrel" Bourbon, Bulleit 10 Bourbon, Masterson Rye, Bernheim Wheat, Dry Fly Wheat, James E. Pepper Rye, Breakout Bourbon, Balcones Single Malt, Tuthilltown Single Malt, Tuthilltown Manhattan Rye, and a few more I can't remember...

I've never dumped out so much good bourbon before...

Highlight of the night was the EC12 CS.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!