What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What was once Winter will become dust and ashes after the warm dawn of Spring that is but days away and all the dark dreary tales of bourbon drinking in the Winter at least seem irrelevant,...until we get that annual nor'easter with a massive snow dump in April.

To paraphrase Tina Turner, "What's winter got to do with it?" Bourbon year 'round!

Well Oscar I believe I should toast the coming Spring, lets see, what would be appropriate, ahh, got it, Old Grand Dad.

Stopped by my buddy's liquor store today and he poured me a dram of OFBB for the first time. I like the squat bottle. It reminded me of EHTsmB, tasty but unremarkable, with a nose of maple cotton candy. Plus it's in a tough price range for me, along with Noah's Mill and RHF, both of which I find far superior. Glad to have finally tried it, though.

Yeah . . . Tina got it goin' on!

Stopped by my buddy's liquor store today and he poured me a dram of OFBB for the first time. I like the squat bottle. It reminded me of EHTsmB, tasty but unremarkable, with a nose of maple cotton candy. Plus it's in a tough price range for me, along with Noah's Mill and RHF, both of which I find far superior. Glad to have finally tried it, though.

Yeah . . . Tina got it goin' on!

Sorry for the oversight, joe, it's 12 yrs old, but I don't remember looking for the date.

I'll let it slide this time :grin: I'll guess '12 for now since it was at a liquor store.

...and I think I'll have a little pour of a 10 yr. wheater to start the evening...

Back at ya, squire, how's the OGD goin' down? This 4RSB was a Christmas gift from my wife, and came with two of the glasses pictured above.

I wish they put the recipe on the standard 1Bs, this one seems particularly floral and has a tremendous silkiness in the mouth.

Weller 12 for me. Was working on some OWA (NAS) last night and decided to try age vs proof. Have to say my taste buds and nose prefer the age over proof, but its close.

Haven't reported in a while. Tonight I'm starting off simple with some EWB. Over the past few weeks it's been AAA 10 (TPS), OWA (TPS), EWSB, EC12, OGD BiB and OGD 114.

Enjoying a pour of a wheated bourbon from finger lakes distilling and playing around with a small bit of barrel strength (166 proof) EC18

Had a vial of EC18 from a friend. Sweet, smooth, and delicious. Wish I had a bottle but glad I had a taste.

Michters 10 y/o SB and Willett 6 y/o 120.6 proof. Both very different but good.

Started the evening with an old fashioned (Willett 4yr) followed by a Sazerac (Willett 5 yr Rye). Finishing with a pour of TPS Old Scout 115.

Starting the evening a little late so I figured I might as well go with the barrel proof stuff...Willett 8yr wheated in the glass...yummy stuff...caramel bomb with hints of almonds. ;)

1995 WT Rare Breed. First pour was a little closed off but the bottle is getting better by the minute as it looses that stale bottle funk.

I switched from 4RSB to 12 yr old VSOF. This bottle was dry, slatey and harsh when first opened, but now that it's half way through it's one of the best wheaters I've had. Still dryer than others, it has a wonderful buttery caramel flavor with a grainy fade, just beautiful! I've never had a whiskey change so much through the bottle.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!