What bourbon are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This one's for Will. :bowdown:

Went to bed early last night, and got up early this morning. Fixed myself some coffee and decided to have a pour to go along side it for a change. I found out that ER 101 goes exceptionally well with my Millstone Chocolate Velvet coffee. :yum: Fixed myself a ham, cheese, and onion omelette after that. That was good too. Great start to the morning.

Cheers! Joe

A man after my heart! ER101 with coffee sounds great. I think I'll try that this Friday. Today is a work day.

Will

That was a great sales job smokinjoe. I know what i need to pick up next.

Well, it was from SuperHoneyBarrel #1. Perk of being BOTY...:D

Seriously though, it was the most enjoyable WT product that I've had from them in a long time. Still dreaming of that nose... I hope my second venture into it later today is as good.

Please share if that second impression validates the first. Thinking about getting one mostly on the strength of your first impression (as you noted - not too much has come out of WT that has been overly impressive).

Started with the last drop in a 375 of HW 21 Rocky Mountain Rye, Batch 2. God, I hate that this one's gone. Will follow with the OWA you started with Ray. Cheers all!

Following wine with dinner, I have moved on to 4R '12 SmB LE, I like it, but don't love it. It is the most enjoyable 4R I've ever had, but just can't quite get everyone's love for 4R. But, that is part of what makes bourbon so enjoyable, it is so subjective, to each his own. It will be some JPS 18 #13 after the 4R. Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

Started with WLW '12. Now settling in with a standard FRSB. I spoil myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Started with EWSB 02, then moved on to Blanton's. Both seem to be getting better as they get lower. The Blanton's has picked up an almond extract note in the nose that adds much to it's caramel goodness. I just wish both of these had a bit more oak in the finish, I've missed that since finishing an EC12.

I opened an '06 OFBB this evening. At first, the nose was a little overwhelming and smelled more like an unaged whiskey. I wasn't getting any hint of it having the standard aged bourbon smell. (Perhaps this was just from being freshly opened.) After a couple cubes of ice, it has become a very enjoyable drink with a pleasant vanilla aroma.

Its my birthday and my brother sent me some Very Xtra Old Fitzgerald 10 year.

I really dont think I can do it justice, so I'm just going to drink it.

Howdy,

Money's tight, so it's Jim Beam white, I'm afraid. Still, it's a reasonable nightcap with diet Coke. YMMV.

I met a person from Bossier City this past week Eggman!

In any event, I cracked open a GTS'12 tonight - still nosing at the moment...

Happy B-day. Post a pic of that bad boy when you have a chance. I don't think I've seen that bottle before.

She's a beauty, thats for sure.

post-9455-14489818735501_thumb.jpg

An after lunch pour of a MSL selection of 2002 EWSB. Nice job by the selection team. Great nose. A little hot in the mid to late palate (the alcohol sort of "blooms"). Most noteworthy is the really long finish, which travels all the way to my chest.

On my first taste of the 2011 4R SmB LE. I know this puts me in the minority, but it doesn't really work for me. Thankfully, the SB'er that gifted me this sample also included the 2012 offering, so I can do a side by side.

On my first taste of the 2011 4R SmB LE. I know this puts me in the minority, but it doesn't really work for me. Thankfully, the SB'er that gifted me this sample also included the 2012 offering, so I can do a side by side.

I like them both but they don't wow me like they did at first. The 2012 in particular is very balanced...almost too balanced. I certainly cannot find fault with it at all and I think it's a good example of what bourbon should taste like.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!