What bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2012/2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Late yesterday, received a wonderful 4RSB, 17yo, OBSV, Sept '12 bottle commemorating the visitor center. This came to me via a pvt collector who occasionally will offer me special bottle. Cost was a bit higher than I would've liked...but, they not ever going to get cheaper & at middle age I have begun to ask: Why not? & Why wait?

That is really good bourbon, and probably underpriced at the distillery truth be told. So I wouldn't worry about that too much. Just enjoy!

Picked up a couple bottles of Four Roses OBSK 14yr 2mo from the gift shop yesterday...I really enjoy these well aged offerings from Jim R as they're very different from the other FR's bottles. I also took delivery of the rest of the Willett bottles from our selections last sampler...KBD certainly doesn't break any land speed records for bottling but they have some great bourbon in house. I added 3 bottles of 8yr wheated and 1 more 9yr Rye'd bourbon! :cool:

Man Bob, I would love to have tried that 8 yr Wheated Willett. Was going to make a visit to Binny's to get something similar, but saw they were already sold out.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by awachatz

PHC6 and KCSB. The PHC6 I blame on the fine folks here, I was wavering and y'all talked me into it.

PHC6 and KCSB. The PHC6 I blame on the fine folks here, I was wavering and y'all talked me into it.

I've been guilty of worse crimes.

Picked up a bottle of the soon to be dusty Rare Breed at 108 proof for $34.99.

Funny that I just asked about 'private selections' yesterday, as I swung by BevMo to see if they had any 2002 EWSB left. One bottle, so I grabbed it:

EWSB.png

The last two bottles I'd gotten there (with bottled on dates of my daughter's exact birth date, hence them being undrinkable for now!) were not private selections... weird. Also, the label mistakenly says it was bottled on 9-7-02... either innocent human error or I got hosed on some five month old bourbon, LOL!

EWSB-Label.png

Funny that I just asked about 'private selections' yesterday, as I swung by BevMo to see if they had any 2002 EWSB left. One bottle, so I grabbed it:

The last two bottles I'd gotten there (with bottled on dates of my daughter's exact birth date, hence them being undrinkable for now!) were not private selections... weird. Also, the label mistakenly says it was bottled on 9-7-02... either innocent human error or I got hosed on some five month old bourbon, LOL!

EWSB-Label.png

That's quite a find. I've never seen 5-month-old EWSB before! :lol:

Weird that I see the previous post, when coming here for this post. 9/7 is my birthday.

Today I bought a 2008 OFBB that went into barrels on 9/6/95, so I'm treating it as MY birthday bourbon.

Purchased last week, arrived today: Parker's Heritage Collection 6th Edition (133.2-proof), Smooth Ambler Very Old Scout 14-Year, Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7-Year Rye, John J. Bowman Single Barrel and two bottles of W.L. Weller 12-Year.

375 ml of Blantons last Friday. For some reason they have recently gotten those here at $21.90 per bottle while the 750 ml is $52-ish a bottle...go figure.

375 ml of Blantons last Friday. For some reason they have recently gotten those here at $21.90 per bottle while the 750 ml is $52-ish a bottle...go figure.

Nice find! It's good to see something in Virginia that isn't overpriced (compared to MD). I thought I was finished shopping for a while after stocking up on OGD BIB And ETL recently, but it looks like I'll be making another trip this weekend. :)

MOCO marked down EWSBs to 17.99 this week...plus my Bardstown $5 rebate makes it $12.99...feels too good to be true

That's not the Thanksgiving rebate, is it? I'm pretty sure those had to be used by the end of 2012, unfortunately.

Either way that's very good. There's no better time to hoard the EWSB 2002!

That's not the Thanksgiving rebate, is it? I'm pretty sure those had to be used by the end of 2012, unfortunately.

Either way that's very good. There's no better time to hoard the EWSB 2002!

Already used my Thanksgiving rebate. This is a new membership rebate that has no expiration.

Already used my Thanksgiving rebate. This is a new membership rebate that has no expiration.

Speaking of rebates and discounts is the SB.com coupon for Toddy's still valid? It was posted a long time ago but I didn't see a date on it. I would be happy to put it to use if I can!

I got the Turkeyday rebate, but no membership yet - did that come with the 'package'?

I got the Turkeyday rebate, but no membership yet - did that come with the 'package'?

My coupon did. It was in the welcome package that I received in the mail. I've sent both rebates in, and still waiting for checks.

Speaking of rebates and discounts is the SB.com coupon for Toddy's still valid? It was posted a long time ago but I didn't see a date on it. I would be happy to put it to use if I can!

Liquor World in Bardstown gives you a 10% discount if you're an SB member but if you spend over $100 you get a 10% anyway. Same family stepfather, stepson if I'm correct. They joinly gave us all free T-shirts at the Gazebo in 2009.

Liquor World in Bardstown gives you a 10% discount if you're an SB member but if you spend over $100 you get a 10% anyway. Same family stepfather, stepson if I'm correct. They joinly gave us all free T-shirts at the Gazebo in 2009.

Good to know. I might be able to put it to use depending on what we find.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!