What bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2012/2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It is very good imo. Some might find it a little hot, but not any hotter than Bookers.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear. I am not in love with the bottle of Bookers I have, but I am hoping the age on the Bowman gives it more character. I love the Stagg I have had, so I am hoping this is in the same vein.

I also came across a lonely bottle of VW 10/107, which I purchased - have not had that expression yet.

Got my Old Gentlemanly Dude 15 year today. A HUGE thanks to TPS for making these accessible to those of us in starved states and a big EFF-Yoo-Tu to Young's Market in WA state.

8348445050_38783b4d28.jpg

It is very good imo. Some might find it a little hot, but not any hotter than Bookers.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I found it and its single barrel cousin to be disgusting, even after several months of air time. Eventually I just dumped the single barrel but luckily didn't have to make a decision on the vatting, as it was a sample.

Nice find. I remember hearing good things about that one. I've had the CC bourbon and thought it was a very nice example of well aged Wild Turkey. I wouldn't expect anything less from the rye. It looks deliciously dark. Enjoy!

The CC15 bourbon tastes like WT to me too. Haven't heard anyone outside the group that I tasted it with mention that though.

Awesome find, I have been hunting that bottle for quite a while..

I have found three bottles of this now and both times I found it I had been out looking for Vintage 21 rye. This ended up being a bit more expensive than V21 would have been, but hopefully it's as good.

Got my Old Gentlemanly Dude 15 year today. A HUGE thanks to TPS for making these accessible to those of us in starved states and a big EFF-Yoo-Tu to Young's Market in WA state.

I hear you Brother and echo your sentiments. Big kudos to TPS, my VW showed up today as well.

post-5593-14489818549956_thumb.jpg

The CC15 bourbon tastes like WT to me too. Haven't heard anyone outside the group that I tasted it with mention that though.

That's b/c you were tasting with the Yoda of bourbon! :D

That's b/c you were tasting with the Yoda of bourbon! :D

If you are referring to yourself I think Jar Jar Binks is the more appropriate comparison ;)

I picked up a 375ml OWA today to enjoy for the next couple nights before I get home. I had never before seen 375mls of any current Weller.

Picked up two more FRSB gift sets. $29.99 for a standard FRSB bottle and 2 nice FR old fashioned/rocks glasses. The bottle from the first gift set I picked up was delicious--sweet, flavorful, complex. So I played it safe and picked up the additional sets from the same barrel (from what I could see, all of the gift sets came from one of two barrels).

Picked up two more FRSB gift sets. $29.99 for a standard FRSB bottle and 2 nice FR old fashioned/rocks glasses. The bottle from the first gift set I picked up was delicious--sweet, flavorful, complex. So I played it safe and picked up the additional sets from the same barrel (from what I could see, all of the gift sets came from one of two barrels).

I got the SB set or my brother or Christmas. I love the glasses. Wish I could find another set in NKY area to get a set for myself.

Mike

Doesn't count as a bourbon, but my set of 4 Glencairns arrived today!

Counts as a reason to drink bourbon. Enjoy them!

Made a trip to the Binny's South Loop store last Saturday and picked up another 2012 PHC to put away along with some odds and ends for friends.

I believe this was my first official purchase from the S. Loop specialty spirits room. I actually chose the PHC over the $20k Ardbeg Double Barrel set. The gun case and sterling silver cups were nice, but I'm a Parker Beam fan. :cool:

Received my TPS shipment of ORWV 10/107, 4R TPS 1B and John J Bowman TPS barrel 45. It's going to be a great night!

Ran across a PHC 2012 labeled at 68.95 ABV today. Was puzzled as all 3 bottles I have at home were 65.8 ABV, and the mislabeled PHC 2012 that went out was labeled as 63.5 ABV. Any insights? Could this be a bottle from the second dump of the 2012 PHC?

Well, I actually got it a few days ago and most of you are veterans with this stuff, but it's my first one so I'm pumped. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when the notification from a certain online retailer came in. I've been hunting this stuff for a year. Drum roll please...PVW15...finally...woo hoo!!!

Ran across a PHC 2012 labeled at 68.95 ABV today. Was puzzled as all 3 bottles I have at home were 65.8 ABV, and the mislabeled PHC 2012 that went out was labeled as 63.5 ABV. Any insights? Could this be a bottle from the second dump of the 2012 PHC?

walked into a small wine shop before dinner at Girl & the Goat and happened upon this.

a friend likes EC, but I've never had it. Figured I'd give it a try. Pretty good on first taste when I got home.

wonder if when they barreled it in '91 they knew what they'd sell it for.

1500 bottles total

EC20-1.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!