What bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2012/2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Took possession of a White Label HH 6yr BIB today. Another great value pour IMHO. Hard to beat for a little over $10 for a 750.

I rescued a couple bottles of rye from the back of a locked display cabinet at a rundown liquor store. Not much info out there on CC21 which I suppose is not surprising since there were only 640 bottles produced from this batch.

post-7986-14489818519537_thumb.jpg

Took possession of a White Label HH 6yr BIB today. Another great value pour IMHO. Hard to beat for a little over $10 for a 750.

I rescued a couple bottles of rye from the back of a locked display cabinet at a rundown liquor store. Not much info out there on CC21 which I suppose is not surprising since there were only 640 bottles produced from this batch.

[ATTACH]14642[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14642[/ATTACH]

Nice find. I remember hearing good things about that one. I've had the CC bourbon and thought it was a very nice example of well aged Wild Turkey. I wouldn't expect anything less from the rye. It looks deliciously dark. Enjoy!

Picked up a PHC 5th Edition for just a hint above MSRP--pretty good since I haven't seen it anywhere else. Actually the store had three on the shelf so two are still there. PM me if you are 1) interested and 2) in the metro DC/VA/MD area, and I'll let you know where they are.

bought my first bottle of weller antique today......and it damn sure wont be my last!

If not the best value (and a helluva bourbon), it's darn close.

[ATTACH]14642[/ATTACH]

I found this old SB.com weblink from 2001 that shares some info on your Classic Cask purchase. Very very interesting. I think you made one helluva purchase

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-494.html.

I would like to suggest that you post your find in its own thread in the General Discussion forum or the Special Bottling forum. I think it would be an interesting discussion.

Edited by DPPSmoker

I can say as much as i've learned over the past 6 months on SB, that is a very interesting link to follow. Can only imagine a few years back when Bourbon wasn't popular how much re-branding and selling of casks went on. Great find.

Bought an Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 2003 today. This particular bottle was barreled on 9-8-03, is from barrel #21 and was bottled on 12-12-12. Will crack it open when I get home later tonight.

No Bourbon but have been stocking the bar. The girl likes cocktails so I've been laying in supplies. Never thought I'd be buying anything with Pucker on the label.

No Bourbon but have been stocking the bar. The girl likes cocktails so I've been laying in supplies. Never thought I'd be buying anything with Pucker on the label.

Ahh, come on. At least half of my alcohol purchases have been for the ladies one way or another :)

I bet Pucker is cheaper than the flavored Ciroc stuff I've had to buy.

Edited by smknjoe

John J. Bowman Single Barrel, W.L. Weller 12, Black Maple Hill (for under $30, why not?) and Vintage Rye 21 (purchased last week, arrived today). The latter exhausted the money I won in my fantasy football league. I bought my wife and son each a gift and then spent the rest on what's pictured below:

post-9016-14489818548796_thumb.jpg

Special thanks to Drew Brees, the Chicago Bears defense, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Randall Cobb, Stevan Ridley, Jason Witten, Blair Walsh, and, late season Reggie Bush and Knowshon Moreno.

[ATTACH]14642[/ATTACH]

Awesome find, I have been hunting that bottle for quite a while..

Bowman 147.5 17 year. First Bowman for me. Hope it is a good one. Looks like this one is generally thought of less favorably than the 18 year old bottles.

Bowman 147.5 17 year. First Bowman for me. Hope it is a good one. Looks like this one is generally thought of less favorably than the 18 year old bottles.

It is very good imo. Some might find it a little hot, but not any hotter than Bookers.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Got myself a standard 4RSB, wanted to compare it to the standard 4RSmB.

Best regards, Tony

'12 GTS!! Not a purchase, but a late birthday gift from a great friend!:cool:

On the standard versions, I find the 4RSB to be much better than the SmB.

Most definitely agree here. I had a terrible pour of SmB last night.

Today I received 3 bottles of Weller 12 in the mail. Needed a few extra to get the free shipping. :cool:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!