What bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2012/2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nothing. 12 hours in the car with another member, -10 degree temps, 2 new cities to hunt, 15 shops or so, and we each bought 1 bottle of Pliny the Elder beer. not a single bottle of bourbon bought between the 2 of us. We celebrated our day with a little '81 Old Fitz BIB when we got back. Will I go back out on another adventure? Absolutely. Had a great time even though we didnt find anything.

Nothing. 12 hours in the car with another member, -10 degree temps, 2 new cities to hunt, 15 shops or so, and we each bought 1 bottle of Pliny the Elder beer. not a single bottle of bourbon bought between the 2 of us. We celebrated our day with a little '81 Old Fitz BIB when we got back. Will I go back out on another adventure? Absolutely. Had a great time even though we didnt find anything.

Even with no real scores sounds like a great day and right up my alley.Brad,if I was closer than 850 miles away I'd of been all over that hunt!:grin:

Had to stop at TPS while in the Cincinnati area today and brought home a Bowman Bros. SmB. It's reminding me quite a bit of some SB OWA bottles I've tried, which is a VERY good thing!

After only trying it once and not being too impressed, I broke down and bought a Larceny today. Damn store near me has had 1.75's for $29.98 for months and I finally couldn't resist any longer. After tax and the $20 rebate, it'll only cost me $12.75. They're almost paying me to drink it.

I hope it's like some other wheaters and gets better with some air time.

375's or 750's? (just had to ask)

The 21s were 750ml and the 16s were 375ml x4 - the addition makes a nice round equivalent of 12 750ml bottles of 16 in the bunker:)

Edited by LostBottle

Picked up a bottle of OGD 114, I will have to give it a try tonight.

You will not be disappointed.

Mike

Picked up a TPS bottle of 4R OESF SB for the Niners playoff game this weekend. Also grabbed a bottle of Old Scout Bourbon that was a private barrel for TPS. I'd never seen this there before. They had a 115 proof and 120 proof. I tried samples of each really enjoyed the 120 from the sample so I snagged that. Anyone else try either of these yet or had any luck with other bottles from Old Scout?

Weller 12. I somehow went a whole week without a bottle in the house.

My bottle was getting low so I picked up another to prevent this very situation.

Picked up a TPS bottle of 4R OESF SB for the Niners playoff game this weekend. Also grabbed a bottle of Old Scout Bourbon that was a private barrel for TPS. I'd never seen this there before. They had a 115 proof and 120 proof. I tried samples of each really enjoyed the 120 from the sample so I snagged that. Anyone else try either of these yet or had any luck with other bottles from Old Scout?

I'm a fan of Old Scout 6 Year, as my bottle is near empty. I find it spicy and definitely get some rye flavors. I bought a bottle of Very Old Scout 11, but haven't opened it yet.

Last week I grabbed the last EWSB 2002 off of the shelf of the store nearest me hoping that would prompt them to get in the new 2003. Tonight their shelves were replenished! Strangely, they were replenished with EWSB 2001. The back of the bottle says that it was barreled on 9-13-01, #912, and bottled on 12-03-12 making it over 11 years old. Isn't this odd for EWSB?

My 2001 was barreled 12/9/01 (into #828) and bottled on 10/20/11, so a little under 10 years. My 2002 (purchased yesterday) was barreled on 4/18/02 (into #845) and bottled on 9/18/12, so 10 years, 5 months.

What I find interesting is the barrel numbering system. They are obviously not using the barrels in numerical order.

Picked up a bottle of the devil's batch (66.6% ABV) of PHC12. Looking forward to seeing how this compares to the other batches and whether or not it requires me to relinquish my eternal soul or other such tomfoolery.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!