What bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2012/2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last week I grabbed the last EWSB 2002 off of the shelf of the store nearest me hoping that would prompt them to get in the new 2003. Tonight their shelves were replenished! Strangely, they were replenished with EWSB 2001. The back of the bottle says that it was barreled on 9-13-01, #912, and bottled on 12-03-12 making it over 11 years old. Isn't this odd for EWSB?

Picked up a TPS bottle of 4R OESF SB for the Niners playoff game this weekend.

Is that to drown your sorrows with? GO PACK! :grin:

I picked up some Bernheim Wheat Whiskey today. I've never had it, but I'm curious about it

You should like this but drink it before you have drank any thing else. As it's so light it doesn't hold up well following up something else. Some whiskeys are leaders and some are followers some are both this is a leader.

Hit a bunch of stores and only walked away with another EWSB 03. Didn't find anything else of much particular interest.

Is that to drown your sorrows with? GO PACK! :grin:

Actually, I made it a point to get a barrel strength bourbon to make sure that it lasts all three games. Go Niners! :)

Bottle of Jefferson's and a couple half bottles (375ml) of Makers Mark and Knob Creek.

~SW

Picked up a bottle of EWSB 2002 in hopes of having it to compare to the 2003 soon. Also got a a new Willett 4yo 120.2 proof bourbon with a copper top on the recommendation of a bartender friend and Ritt rye at $17.99 which I thought was a pretty good price as it had drifted over $20 of late at most store.

Also picked up a fresh bottle of Averna for mixing my Winter Waltz cocktail.

EWSB 2001, to go with my 95, 96, 97, 98 and 2000. Some day I'm going to open them all up and compare.

That does sound odd, but I haven't been keeping up with the more recent bottles. I'll have to check the shelves around here. 11yo EWSB sounds good. You should pick one up and give it a try.

Oops, I forgot to mention in my post that I did, in fact, pick up a bottle. Last night I did a little side by side with EWSB 2002. While the 2002 is thinner, lighter, crisper, with its sweetness coming off as citrus, the 2001 I have is much heavier, thicker, and full of maple syrup and caramel. Sadly, I don't have a 2001 bottled in 2011 to compare it to.

Edited by Keraptis

Just walked by Binnys and decided to stop in...picked up the following: Willett 4 Year Bourbon ( $39.99 ), Weller 12 year ( $27.00 ) and Angels Envy Binnys blend ( $44 ). Managed to get it home and into the bunker before my wife woke up...therefore...it didn't happen and those bottles have "always" been in that cupboard.

Just walked by Binnys and decided to stop in...picked up the following: Willett 4 Year Bourbon ( $39.99 ), Weller 12 year ( $27.00 ) and Angels Envy Binnys blend ( $44 ). Managed to get it home and into the bunker before my wife woke up...therefore...it didn't happen and those bottles have "always" been in that cupboard.

Well done! I brought home a couple bottles last night and quietly placed one in the cupboard and one in the bunker. "New bottles? What new bottles?"

Women don't understand the concept of replacement supply. I just tell 'em I had to buy it because the price is going up so we actually saved money.

Sorry if posting pictures is a no-no (don't see it too much), and if it is I won't do it going forward... but I just took delivery of a bottle each of Woodford Reserve and Larceny, both new to me:

WoodfordReserve-Larceny.png

Sorry if posting pictures is a no-no (don't see it too much), and if it is I won't do it going forward... but I just took delivery of a bottle each of Woodford Reserve and Larceny, both new to me:

Posting pictures is always a good thing. The more the merrier.

Start a thread in the Tasting forum and let us know what you think (if you haven't already.)

OGD114. Is it called "passing" on something if you didn't buy it because you can't afford it? If so, I "passed" on a 2012 FRLE SmB (sigh)

OGD114. Is it called "passing" on something if you didn't buy it because you can't afford it? If so, I "passed" on a 2012 FRLE SmB (sigh)

Excellent purchase. OGD114 is amazing for the money.

Though I did not actually purchase them today...thanks to a very kind fellow forum member who guided me to a distant retailer where I find these jewels: I received via UPS today (2) PHC '12, 133.2 proof. Can't wait to get into one. Problem is it could be a while unless I violate the doctor & wife rules. Left my gallbladder at hospital new year's eve & still recuperating. How long you guys think I should wait? If I can't drink it, maybe pour some over the stitches? :bigeyes:

The penalty for taking up space with pictures is you hafta pour us all a drink.

Come on over! Drinks and cigars on me.

Though I did not actually purchase them today...thanks to a very kind fellow forum member who guided me to a distant retailer where I find these jewels: I received via UPS today (2) PHC '12, 133.2 proof. Can't wait to get into one. Problem is it could be a while unless I violate the doctor & wife rules. Left my gallbladder at hospital new year's eve & still recuperating. How long you guys think I should wait? If I can't drink it, maybe pour some over the stitches? :bigeyes:

Hope you feel better soon, my aunt just had hers out and a couple months down the line she feels 100% better but I can't even get her to drink a beer. Best wishes, hope you get to enjoy those PHCs soon!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!