What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had my neighbor beer/bourbon buddy and his family over for dinner last night...we started with Pliny the Elder, 3 Floyd's Broo Doo, and Zombie Dust. The Broo Doo has been in the refridgerator since the end of Oct and it definitely was past it's prime...the nose was flat where is used to be filled with tropical fruit...lesson, drink them fresh! In light of this I'm on a IPA buying freeze as I have about 20 bombers and a couple cases of IPA/DIPA's that need to be consumed! ;)

Arcadia Ale Cocoa Loco, lots of creamy flavors.

coco20loco_zps055bc664.jpg

The judge and prosecutor asked for evidence, I offer you the peoples exhibit A below.

rsz_picture_zps22b5884b.jpg

Edited by OscarV

One of my favorites, Sierra Bigfoot, has started to reappear. I celebrated by pulling out a 6 pack from last year. I love this stuff and its one of the few that I am willing to buy and hold onto for time. Beers change over time but this is one of the few that actually gets better. I am spoiled rotten in the fact that my local feels the same way. They stock up on this beer when its available with the intention of selling it after a year. My local has at least 12 cases of the 2012 vintage (a few of which have my name on them). I don't have to tie my money up or utilize my own storage space to drink it with some age. I also get to keep my stored cases in their walk-in. There is probably some older bottles in there also. They surprise me with those from time to time.

I had my neighbor beer/bourbon buddy and his family over for dinner last night...we started with Pliny the Elder, 3 Floyd's Broo Doo, and Zombie Dust. The Broo Doo has been in the refridgerator since the end of Oct and it definitely was past it's prime...the nose was flat where is used to be filled with tropical fruit...lesson, drink them fresh! In light of this I'm on a IPA buying freeze as I have about 20 bombers and a couple cases of IPA/DIPA's that need to be consumed! ;)

Nothing but Backwoods Bastard for me come winter time. It is powerful but has a high drinkability for a bourbon aged beer. Had one with dinner and one for dessert.

Had a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout yesterday. Very enjoyable but would benefit from some age in the cellar IMHO.

smaller-1.jpg

IMG_20130126_140844_784-1-1.jpg

Bourbon Barrel Stout

strong, heavy, chocolatey

Great stuff; had a buddy in Madison bring me a case back in December. Can't wait for the Bourbon Barrel Barleywine to cross the southern border!

Jackie O's dinner tonight. Pale Ale, saison, Berliner Weisse, DIPA Zythos, and Bourbon Barrel Dark Apparition. All were good, Berliner Weisse and RIS were stellar!

Drank a can of Threadless IPA from Finch's Beer Company (Chicago) last night. At 90 IBU's, this beer packs a fairly serious hop wallop which was pleasant enough but struck me as one dimensional compared to the Half Acre Daisy Cutter that followed. The latter was mighty fine and will be a regular, that's for sure. On to Wild Onion's Hop Slayer Double IPA tonight which I don't believe I've ever had before.

Picked up a single Arcadia Bourbon Barrel Cereal Killer Barleywine today. Like the standard Cereal Killer, so I'll find out what this is all about here in a bit.

OK, it ain't 5:00 yet, but it's 4:20 and I had a monster week. So, I'm rewarding myself with a Founder's Breakfast Stout.

Friend gave me a bottle of Lagunitas Sucks.

Wish he had given me 2. Good stuff.

Picked up a six pack of that up today. Glad to hear you like it. I think there have been other good reviews here, too. I'm now looking even more forward to cracking one open.

:toast:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!