What beer are you drinking? Winter 12/13

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a six pack of that up today. Glad to hear you like it. I think there have been other good reviews here, too. I'm now looking even more forward to cracking one open.

:toast:

I haven't been much into beer lately. I can't say I liked it more than Stone IPA, especially since I only had 12oz to enjoy, but it sure hit the spot after a long work week. Let us know what you think of it.

Picked up a four pack of Deviant Dales. Very nice IPA also tried a Dogfish Raison D'Etre which was also very good

All you Hopslammers are making me Jealous! My only counter is the attached pic.

Had to pop a fresh one last night in honor of the launch day for Pliny the Younger 2013. Which btw, I heard was even more of a zoo than usual this year.

post-2056-1448981857761_thumb.jpg

All you Hopslammers are making me Jealous! My only counter is the attached pic.

Had to pop a fresh one last night in honor of the launch day for Pliny the Younger 2013. Which btw, I heard was even more of a zoo than usual this year.

Well played FC. I must counter with the attached pic which is in my fridge thanks to a Northeast mule:

post-6909-14489818578124_thumb.jpg

:grin: PtE / HT / Hopslam / Bitter Valentine, etc...World Class DIPA!?

Well played FC. I must counter with the attached pic which is in my fridge thanks to a Northeast mule:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14723[/ATTACH]

:grin: PtE / HT / Hopslam / Bitter Valentine, etc...World Class DIPA!?

I have a few Heady Toppers left that I picked up at the brewery six and a half months ago and they're still drinking surprisingly well!

Just finishing up a FW Parabola 2012. These guys know how to brew and how to barrel. Amazing stuff.

I had a few Hopslams during the Superbowl. Man, is it ever good. Tonight is starting with a Napa Smith Hopageddon.

Having some Ommegang Aphrodite. A bit fruity for my taste, but a good way to start the night. Generally I'm a pretty big fan of Ommegang.

I'm drinking an Epic Santa Cruz Brown Ale. This has a lot more hop presence than a typical brown, kind of pushing into the black IPA range. I've had three releases so far this year, they change it up a bit each time. This one and the last have some flaked oats in the mash which gives the beer a very nice body.

Bent River Uncommon Stout followed up with a Ten Fidy,the stouts really seem to be showing well tonight!

Did a little flight of beers last night: Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA, Deschutes Red Chair NWPA, O'so Hopdinger and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA and back to O'so Hop Whoopin' IPA. All great in their own way and worth seeking out. I sure am glad O'so has finally made it to Illinois.

Where did you get that, Steve?

In the 'burbs, Binny's is your best bet for Pipeworks. DG, Willowbrook and Bolingbrook all stock them. No guarantee that any Galaxy Unicorn is still out there, but a fresh batch did just release a week or two ago.

I used to go into the city to get it -- Archer Liquors and West Lakeview Liquors both have carried them for a long while. They're not as widely distributed as Revolution, which I regularly see at independent stores; Pipeworks still relies upon a pair of guys in vans making deliveries to stores.

In the 'burbs, Binny's is your best bet for Pipeworks. DG, Willowbrook and Bolingbrook all stock them. No guarantee that any Galaxy Unicorn is still out there, but a fresh batch did just release a week or two ago.

I used to go into the city to get it -- Archer Liquors and West Lakeview Liquors both have carried them for a long while. They're not as widely distributed as Revolution, which I regularly see at independent stores; Pipeworks still relies upon a pair of guys in vans making deliveries to stores.

Thanks. Will look around today when I hit the Willowbrook store.

Grabbed some Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout today. Will definitely be having one a little later today.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!