What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Its actually a quality bourbon. Not sure if it is $119 good but they will sell every one of those eventually.

With wine, raising the price or an older, sought after high scoring vintage is acceptable but in bourbon it is gouging. I guess with wines, that older high scoring vintage is better than it was on the day it was released which justifies the price increase more than a no longer in production sought after bourbon.

It's true, but I feel you're being a little diplomatic. When something is finitely limited every reduction in the market creates an increased value in the remaining stock. I'm not saying it makes JPS18 (or any similar) a $120 bottle today, but you're right to say they will all sell at that price eventually.

That wasn't quite my point Eric. Would the same whisky in a simple screw cap bottle with a plain Castle Brands label sell for $90.00 ?

That wasn't quite my point Eric. Would the same whisky in a simple screw cap bottle with a plain Castle Brands label sell for $90.00 ?

That argument could be made about any fancy packaged whiskey. All I know is that 6 months, or a year, or whenever, when the $300+ PVW23 & $90(or even $120) JPS18 is nowhere to be found, people will be saying, "I should have bought more".

One good thing about control state Ohio is that there is no supply and demand price gouging. It is what it is, the retailers can't raise the price because of dwindling supply. In fact, when WTR101 was phasing out for the 81, Ohio clearance priced the 101, $17.25 in my county.

WTRR Barrel Proof, ER17, T H Handy, Vintage 17, 16 year old BMH, Willett Rye, and 5 and 8 year old Willetts. I'm trying to save my bourbon money for the sampler. :rolleyes:

I know the feeling Joe, first time I visited Bardstown I left with several cases in the trunk.

Seriously?

I wish I could go.

Yeah, seriously. More info to be had over in the Bourbon Social forum.

WTRR Barrel Proof, ER17, T H Handy, Vintage 17, 16 year old BMH, Willett Rye, and 5 and 8 year old Willetts. I'm trying to save my bourbon money for the sampler. :rolleyes:

wow. that is quite the selection of sought after whiskey.

Passed on an EC18, I have a bottle and it has not really done anything for me, The EC12 that I have seems to be a better pour for me.

Best regards, Tony

I spent some time hunting this weekend and passed on a PHC 6th (the price was right at $80 but already got a couple bunkered), a couple CEHT Tornados at $65 (i may go back for one of these), OFBB, and several Woodford Master Collections.

Passed on an EC18, I have a bottle and it has not really done anything for me, The EC12 that I have seems to be a better pour for me.

Best regards, Tony

Tony, is it in our area?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Best regards, Tony

ec has been gone in chicago for a while, I heard we will not see it again till 2014

ec has been gone in chicago for a while, I heard we will not see it again till 2014

I am hearing even longer than that. From Mr Beam at a charity function when asked how long until we see EC18, "years".

I am hearing even longer than that. From Mr Beam at a charity function when asked how long until we see EC18, "years".

doesn't surprise me. With the intro of the ec20 (and maybe some older one offs) and the ec12BS, it doesn't seem like they're in any rush to replenish the shelves with ec18.

Haha well then...

Angel's Envy 86.6 proof at $49.99. This was the first time I had ever seen a bottle in Atlanta, but I would have rather seen the barrel proof version.

Passed on both the buffalo trace experimental #7 heavy char & the Hotbox toasted barrel. @$62 for a pint, wow

Angel's Envy 86.6 proof at $49.99. This was the first time I had ever seen a bottle in Atlanta, but I would have rather seen the barrel proof version.

Have see the Angels Envy 86pr around several places, but no barrel proof. Not sure that's made it to GA. Came across a press release from one of the stores around town announcing AEs arrival earlier this month, nothing about barrel proof mentioned.

The barrel proof AE came out around xmas and was very limited. It was only released in KY and Nashville.

The barrel proof AE came out around xmas and was very limited. It was only released in KY and Nashville.

I understand that there may be another release of the CS at some point in the future but it may be this fall, perhaps as an annual release. Hopefully it will be a larger release and more accessible but I suppose there is no guarantee of either. The first release was reportedly limited to 600 bottles and I got some only because I happened to get lucky and catch them in stock at TPC.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.