What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed up on a 10 pack of BTAC mixed bunch....Didn't have the coin to spend. Luckily, I found an ATM close and bought up the bunch! They are so scarce here in Minnesota, you have to buy what you can find.

Passed up on a 10 pack of BTAC mixed bunch....Didn't have the coin to spend. Luckily, I found an ATM close and bought up the bunch! They are so scarce here in Minnesota, you have to buy what you can find.

Haha...I think you're missing the point of this topic. Nevertheless, by my calculations, you've dropped ~$1000 on whiskey just today (between the BTAC and FR 2012)! You'll fit right in around here.

Passed up a handle of 86 proof ND OGD and 5 baccarat? Jack Daniels Decanters. They have to be from the middle 70's? Did not see a tax stamo on them but all of the whiskey in the store was mid 80's and older.

Passed up a handle of 86 proof ND OGD and 5 baccarat? Jack Daniels Decanters. They have to be from the middle 70's? Did not see a tax stamo on them but all of the whiskey in the store was mid 80's and older.
Edited by smknjoe

If it was BIB or 114 I would have bought it in a heartbeat, I know where enough ND 86 proof OGD is to sink a ship so unless someone has been following me I am pretty sure I am taking a safe bet leaving them on shelves for now.

If it was BIB or 114 I would have bought it in a heartbeat, I know where enough ND 86 proof OGD is to sink a ship so unless someone has been following me I am pretty sure I am taking a safe bet leaving them on shelves for now.

GTS 2012, PHC 2012, CEHT tornado, CEHT single barrel

Only the last one on that list would have remained had I stumbled across that collection (assuming they were at our near suggested retail).

CEHT SB,Rye,SmB and FRSB LE'12 all waaaay overpriced.I would loved to throw another FRSB in the bunker,but not at $100 sorry.

Passed up a BH 8yr with AS for $38. Should I go back and pick it up? The 80 proof stalled me out.

I wouldn't bother with it, but the price is in line, and you'll never gt to try it again. Your call, though.

While in kentucky the other day i passed on TONS of bottles. Several PHC's, EC20, ECBP (big HH fan) RHF, hancock's & lots of others. Wow kicking myself in the ass for passing on $27 bottles of Hancock's

While in kentucky the other day i passed on TONS of bottles. Several PHC's, EC20, ECBP (big HH fan) RHF, hancock's & lots of others. Wow kicking myself in the ass for passing on $27 bottles of Hancock's

I haven't seen it anywhere around yet. Doesn't mean that it isn't though.

Since he visited HH gift shop I would imagine that is what he refers to. Not much PHc, ec20 or ec12 barrel strength on shelves in central ky but all are readily available at gift shop for hugely inflated prices.

BHC Weller Centennial, it would have come home with me but when. I opened the box it was half full

30 bottles of Jefferson Presidential Select 18 at the Prospect Party Center in Prospect, KY for, wait for it........., $119.00. I'm drinking a glass of this bourbon right now from a bottle purchased for $90. While it's very nice, I'm not sure that I replace it for $90, let alone $119.00.

Bunker that.

There's some sort of feeding frenzy that develops around fancy bottles with high prices that depends more on clever marketing than the actual quality of the whisky.

There's some sort of feeding frenzy that develops around fancy bottles with high prices that depends more on clever marketing than the actual quality of the whisky.

Its actually a quality bourbon. Not sure if it is $119 good but they will sell every one of those eventually.

With wine, raising the price or an older, sought after high scoring vintage is acceptable but in bourbon it is gouging. I guess with wines, that older high scoring vintage is better than it was on the day it was released which justifies the price increase more than a no longer in production sought after bourbon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.