What Did You Pass Up Today? Winter '12/'13

savagehenry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed up Chestnut Farms, Two Star and Black Ridge. Never seen them locally here in GA.

I did find the Chestnut Farms bottle humorous. It's the EH Taylor bottle with the EH Taylor "tax stamp" paper band, but it just says 90 proof on the band. These offerings just look like they were put out on the cheap. It's almost like Sazarac over ordered Weller, EH Taylor and PVW bottles and couldn't return them, so they filled them up and sent them out.

Forgot to add, is that the Sazerac version? I believe there may be another out there with a similar brand name from a different company.

I passed on a PVW 23yr today. They were asking $500, so it was very easy to say no! The girl said they have had it since early November and several people have asked about it. She said so far, everybody has said that's way too high a price and walked out. Good for them!

I passed on a Very Very Old Fitzgerald, the guy wanted a grand for it, I offered 950 bucks, we couldn't agree on a price so I passed hence the the thread title.

I passed on a Very Very Old Fitzgerald, the guy wanted a grand for it, I offered 950 bucks, we couldn't agree on a price so I passed hence the the thread title.

Can I cover the final $50 in exchange for getting a couple pours? ha!

Can I cover the final $50 in exchange for getting a couple pours? ha!

Not a bad request my brother.

Forgot to add, is that the Sazerac version? I believe there may be another out there with a similar brand name from a different company.

Definitely a Sazerac bourbon, the three I mentioned were in weller, eh Taylor and PVW bottles.

I passed on the the new RR 110 proof for $50. A trusted member who is a big WT fan had nothing good to say about it. The extra proof sure brought the price up. I wonder what the price of the new Rare Breed will be when it comes out. Might need to pick up a few before the new ones hit and the cost goes north.

"passed" on the limited edition/commemorative A.H. Hirsch 16 (with the Mahogany Hand Crafted Humidor box and scroll). It was only $1,200...

I actually passed up all bourbon today, and I bought some rum. Bourbon prices continue to rise around here, and though I continue to drink it, I'm also looking at other options.

Yet another few sets of those Woodford Reserve 375 Ryes, even though these were $78 for the pair. No one can get rid of this stuff.

I saw a row of RR10 signed by Jimmy Russell and dated 2011. Seemed like a neat find, but didn't seem necessary.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.