So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Back porchin' it again and, also, taking advantage of the back to normal 68 degrees at 9PM.

Actually, normals are 70/50, so running a little warm.

Diesel Corona with a pour of The Colonel(EHTaylor) single barrel.

Looks to be full flavoured/full bodied Wack? How'd you find it?

How in the heck is Fernandez coming up will all these "different" blends.........?

I didn't notice it being particular strong bodied, and it was surprisingly mild flavored. It smelled amazing but it just felt a little light in the flavor departments. Prelight smelled amazing, flavors just didn't live up to it.

As for AJF and all is "different" blends with "mystery" fillers. Yeah, I dunno. I think a lot of his site exclusive stuff tastes VERY similar, so instead of small variations from one crop to another, he just calls it a 'new' blend and new cigar. I have nothing to confirm this, just speculation based on the fact that he puts out something new every other month.

It seems that cigars are similar to bourbons, in that respect? Kinda like different names in different markets and/or

the same blends with different bands/bottles? Like the bourbon "tree"?

i think, especially, the cigar makers make "blends" for sites like CBid that are the same as what they make for

the brick and mortars, albeit with a diff band?

I suspect that a lot of site exclusive blends are really just the result of a very large purchase of cigars made from overrun tobacco that wasn't quite usable for the regular release. Take the EP Carrillo short runs. The regular release is awesome every year. CI has a line of exclusive EPC short runs (Vintage, and a couple others). There are similarities to the regular release but they're nowhere near the caliber. As for being the same among different retailers with their private blends... I don't know for sure but that seems reasonable to believe. There are always exceptions, of course (Tatuaje Anarchy at Smoke Inn, for one).

Took advantage of warmer temps Saturday and stepped out on the deck with a Bolivar Royal Corona followed up with a San Cristobal La Punta. Great cigars, especially paired with some HH BiB white label. Glad I did too because now we have snow on the ground.

THAT shop is a keeper with THAT kind of stock!

Meeting my bud tonight for, hopefully a little smokin' and sippin'.

Sure it's going to be an Undercrown or a Joya de Nic.

And this bar ran out of Michtners and asked what they should get.

I suggested EC12 or OGD114, so we'll see if they replaced it.

The Papas Fritas cigars are one of my favorites. Although it contains short filler from Liga Privada clippings, it is very flavorful and comparable to Liga Privada but at a significantly lower cost. Drew Estates makes some excellent cigars.

A cuban friend came back from holiday recently with a box of Cohiba siglo vi and man was that an eye opening experience for me, i mean I have always enjoyed the odd cigar but damn this smoke was a new set of sensations. Trying to live within my budget with a few Romeo y julieta 1s the last couple weeks...close but no...

Back porch. 60 degrees tonight. San Cris Elegancia and some

Russell's Reserve Rye 6. San Cris Revelation and some OGD114 in

the bullpen.

Monte 2 this afternoon watching Michigan not look very good in basketball, well done Iowa.

Best regards, Tony

The Papas Fritas cigars are one of my favorites. Although it contains short filler from Liga Privada clippings, it is very flavorful and comparable to Liga Privada but at a significantly lower cost. Drew Estates makes some excellent cigars.

Down in Alabama for the winter. Smoked a Casa Magna Oscuro today. Pretty good stick. Alabama winters are generally warm enough to sit outside and enjoy a daily cigar.

Joe :usflag:

Had a hankerin' for the pipe this evening. Picked up a fresh pouch of cheap Captain Black this afternoon, so it's me, the Cap'n, the Sheltie, and a pour of GBS ETL out on a chilly back patio, waiting...

Had a hankerin' for the pipe this evening. Picked up a fresh pouch of cheap Captain Black this afternoon, so it's me, the Cap'n, the Sheltie, and a pour of GBS ETL out on a chilly back patio, waiting...

Nice! I smoke pipes very occasionally. I went through a phase a couple years ago where it's all I smoked for about six months. I loved that pipe tobacco is relatively cheap, no fuss maintenance with the tobacco, and you can put the pipe down and relight later if needed. Not all that expensive to start since corn cob pipes work just fine. And it's fun to search out interesting/unique briar pipes.

Nice! I smoke pipes very occasionally. I went through a phase a couple years ago where it's all I smoked for about six months. I loved that pipe tobacco is relatively cheap, no fuss maintenance with the tobacco, and you can put the pipe down and relight later if needed. Not all that expensive to start since corn cob pipes work just fine. And it's fun to search out interesting/unique briar pipes.

Thanks. My pipe of choice is a Dr Grabow Lark Full Bent Rustic that my wife got for me 30 years ago while we were in college. I break it out a few times a year, and enjoy the change up. Last night was one of those nights, and I think tonight will be, as well! I'm not a big cigar or pipe smoker, but do enjoy both. More cigars than pipes, for sure. Strictly recreational. I particularly like to have a cigar or pipe while sitting out by the outdoor fireplace, and just think about stuff. I don't know if this makes any sense, but my mood and thought processes are different with each. I'm more peacefully contemplative with the pipe. More action and results searching with the cigar...:crazy:

I also tend to talk in some hokey English accent with the pipe, for some reason...:lol:

Thanks. My pipe of choice is a Dr Grabow Lark Full Bent Rustic that my wife got for me 30 years ago while we were in college. I break it out a few times a year, and enjoy the change up. Last night was one of those nights, and I think tonight will be, as well! I'm not a big cigar or pipe smoker, but do enjoy both. More cigars than pipes, for sure. Strictly recreational. I particularly like to have a cigar or pipe while sitting out by the outdoor fireplace, and just think about stuff. I don't know if this makes any sense, but my mood and thought processes are different with each. I'm more peacefully contemplative with the pipe. More action and results searching with the cigar...:crazy:

I also tend to talk in some hokey English accent with the pipe, for some reason...:lol:

Joe, I'd brave the ice tonight just to sneak up on you and hear that accent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if this makes any sense, but my mood and thought processes are different with each. I'm more peacefully contemplative with the pipe. More action and results searching with the cigar...:crazy:

Makes perfect sense! I'm 100% more philosophical when listen to jazz music while smoking in a cigar lounge.