Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No, it's small batch. At WhiskyFest, Bernie Lubbers told me 75-80 barrels for this one, 120+ for future dumps. The gift shop bottles may be 1B.

75-80 barrels is not a lot, comparatively speaking, I'm just glad they have the stock to keep the supply up and the price down.

I'll believe they're going to keep the supply up when I see the supply go up. I'm still skeptical that that's the plan.

With as fast as it flew off the shelves around here, I can't see them not continuing it (although I can see them raising the price on it).

Well, the bastards are starting to gouge us for it. Bottles of the 134.2 were recently obtained in New Jersey for 65 including tax.

Joe :usflag:

still not seeing these on the west coast. anyone see them out in CA yet?

I'm fairly certain it came and went from NorCal as well.

It may had came and gone in NorCal but there is some to be found if very lucky and visit enough places. I think it may have shown up 1-1.5 month ago. Some store said it went within 1.5 days. Basically I found most stores only got six bottles. I was fortunate to pick some up previously and even yesterday found a couple hidden in an unlikely liquor store. I figure SB.com members won't be visiting this store so took them home, slightly hesitantly feeling like I am hogging it.

Some of my normal spots that are quite well stocked didn't even have it. So maybe it is still coming, not sure though.

Again, can't say it enough this is one of my favorite and is my daily pour. With just the right amount of melted ice and letting it open up, it is fantastic.

Today, I did passed on a bottle at an insanely $59.

Cheers

High

damn, must have been during my busy month of moving, packing, etc. I guess I can call my contacts a few 100 miles away and see what I can find. Nothing in my current area. thanks for the replys

came across 6 of them at $53. left 4 on the shelf...... (fyi)

Hoorah! Glad you were able to find some. 134.2 proof?

yup, those are the ones. looking forward to popping it open come tonight when I get back home.

I found the EC BP to be hot, even with water to knock it down. I have a few bottles of EC small batch 12 from the Gift Shop at 129.7 proof on the way. Curious to see how that compares to the retail ECBP.

Did you pick yours up in Montgomery County? Still waiting for it in Baltimore City/County.

Did you pick yours up in Montgomery County? Still waiting for it in Baltimore City/County.

Unfortunately, no, was all sold out in 8 hours. I ended up paying WAY too much for mine online.

Has anyone done a vertical of any sort of the off-shelf vs. the Gift Shops bottlings?

I hate to post this so please know this could be completely false.

I went to my usual stop and talked to maybe the owner there and he told me that the next release is August. But he is sure that he was told it would be different or changed from the current ECBP. This was what he was just told after I bought a couple of bottles from him last week and he was going to see if he can get more, which isn't possible. He also confirmed as I found out previously, over here, stores are getting only six bottles.

Not sure what that mean. He also said it would still be barrel proof but different.

Who knows, if it is still as good it would still be fantastic.

Well, it will be a different [and larger] batch, so that makes it different, eh? I'm hoping after a few dozen batches this makes it out into my neck of the country on a retail basis.

Well, it will be a different [and larger] batch, so that makes it different, eh? I'm hoping after a few dozen batches this makes it out into my neck of the country on a retail basis.

Couple of weeks ago, I went on a 15 days cruise to the Hawaii Island and bought a bottle of ECBP and JPS18, hidden. We could have met up and share some ECBP! I tried looking around for some side hunting but didn't see anything at least near the mainstream area.

Hopefully, it will be a bigger batch so many could try it and get some bottles easier.

Cheers

Hugh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.