Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Charge an honest price and nobody will care. That is IF you have strong product knowledge and stellar personal service. I will pay a few $ more at my local store if they take care of me when something good comes in. We have a couple of big chains that get all of the good stuff and kill you on price for that and most other things with a few loss leaders to get you in the door. They do not get my business. And check your PM. Lastly I plan to visit your store in August when my kid has a soccer tournament in Etown.

Man, I am pretty sure that I know who you are talking about. Is that extra $50 a bottle for the few bottles they get really worth the ill will that it creates? Does it really add that much to their bottom line?

Man, I am pretty sure that I know who you are talking about. Is that extra $50 a bottle for the few bottles they get really worth the ill will that it creates? Does it really add that much to their bottom line?

Rhymes with "wayless"

I was elated to pick up two at $40 from the first batch. If the next is largely similar, I'd gladly pay a bit more without a complaint (only complaint if I couldn't get my hands on any!) I've seen folks asking $100+ for it, and I wouldn't pay that for it (although I've overpaid for a bottle or two before when I REALLY wanted it and had no expectation of getting it otherwise). If I went to three stores, and two were sold out at $40 and one had a bottle on the shelf at $50 - guarandamntee that one would be coming home with me :lol:

That's the part that gets me. These people don't realize those extra dollars from rare items don't do squat for the bottom lines. It's not worth it. Everyday customers are where it's at

You can shear a sheep often but skin him only once.

Another nail hit on the head! LOL ... Did I read on SB somewhere that someone is cataloging "Squire-isms"? If not, someone should!

That's the part that gets me. These people don't realize those extra dollars from rare items don't do squat for the bottom lines. It's not worth it. Everyday customers are where it's at

Rhymes with "wayless"

or otherwise known as "Paymore" :grin:

I was able to secure 1 from the Indy area at a reasonable price. The rest I received from out of state. :rolleyes:

Enjoying another pour of this wonderful stuff. Hope the next batch is just as good!

Two other SBer's and I finally snagged a bottle of this locally. I will crack mine open in the next few days and report back. I would have missed out on this without a heads up. Thank you (anonymous one!)

As far as prices here in Houston - $41.99

Has this been spotted anywhere else in TX?

Two other SBer's and I finally snagged a bottle of this locally. I will crack mine open in the next few days and report back. I would have missed out on this without a heads up. Thank you (anonymous one!)

Wow, that is a great price!

To all of the Houstonians out there. I know where they have a few cases in stock now.

To all of the Houstonians out there. I know where they have a few cases in stock now.

Is this something that is new in TX or did the distributor find some hidden in a warehouse?

Is this something that is new in TX or did the distributor find some hidden in a warehouse?

This is the first I've heard of it hitting TX.

Another example of TX not getting new stuff as quickly as the rest of the country would be 4RSBLE 2013. Still no signs of that anywhere in TX.

Anyone know how many bottles were produced for this first batch/release of 134.2 proof ECBP? Just curious how the numbers compare to the Parker's Heritage releases.

Anyone know how many bottles were produced for this first batch/release of 134.2 proof ECBP? Just curious how the numbers compare to the Parker's Heritage releases.

Earlier comments on here have me remembering it as "similar" to PHC release in terms of size, and anecdotally i saw none of this (compared to a few days on shelf for last PHC).

Major difference here is they CAN bottle more in the near future (since they seem to have ample supply to EC12) but it would technically be a different batch.

Kicking myself... had these on the shelves around here and didn't pick one up. There are some stores within about 50 miles in a couple directions that have a slew of them, so I guess I have some options :(

So you guys are finding enough to buy by the case for $37/bottle and we can only buy it in Indiana right now if we are willing to fork over almost 3x that amount? :frown:

More landing in ky this week. Approximately 60 cases (3 packs) for the entire state (including on premise). Still do not know if it is a new batch or not. My reps allotment was 6 bottles and he has most of the bardstown stores. Our allotment = 1 bottle. A single bottle does nothing for us so i passed. Told him to send it to someone else and to send us more parkers when it comes out.

So you guys are finding enough to buy by the case for $37/bottle and we can only buy it in Indiana right now if we are willing to fork over almost 3x that amount? :frown:

Yeah, but y'all got it way back in March/April for the going rate. You just have some gougers out there at those prices. And this is probably all that we will see for several months.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.