What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now - Spring/Summer 2013

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A very generous pour of Ardbeg 10 with breakfast. I don't know what was more enjoyable, the Ardbeg, the Avocado and crab omelet, or the waitresses in spandex! Well they were all enjoyable.

Safe to saw, I'll be back in the future.

A wonderful mixture of Band-aids, ashtrays, and water. And, couldn't be happier. Relishing every drop of this Lag 16...:yum:

A wonderful mixture of Band-aids, ashtrays, and water. And, couldn't be happier. Relishing every drop of this Lag 16...:yum:

Sounds delicious joe. So sorry I can't be there with you to um, enjoy that 80 proofer :eek:

A pour of Black Bottle, and then a pour of Ardbeg 10 to kick it up a notch. Not all the way up to Lag 16, but up enough for my tastes.

A pour of Black Bottle, and then a pour of Ardbeg 10 to kick it up a notch. Not all the way up to Lag 16, but up enough for my tastes.

Cracked open a Lag 16 last night after y'all planted the seed in my head. So damn tasty.....

Singleton of Glendullan 12 year tonight. Well put together, easy drinking, good price. win.

After watching "How to drink Scotch Whisky" video in helped myself to a healthy pour of Sprinkbank 12 CS.

After watching "How to drink Scotch Whisky" video in helped myself to a healthy pour of Sprinkbank 12 CS.

Hope you didn't clean the glass with the fine SB12 the same way bozo the dalmore clown recommended ...

Hope you didn't clean the glass with the fine SB12 the same way bozo the dalmore clown recommended ...

No I sure didn't. Hahaha. Would have been a waste of some fine whisky.

Closing out the night with Hakushu 12

One of my faves. Great value (it was an even better value under $50) for an exceptional B+/A level whisky.

I'm dying to try their "heavily peated" and/or cask strength offerings.

One of my faves. Great value (it was an even better value under $50) for an exceptional B+/A level whisky.

I'm dying to try their "heavily peated" and/or cask strength offerings.

The heavily peated is expected to be released in the US? I'd love to visit the W shop one day!

A little late to mention this, but we got a little loose with the "rules" at the AWS meeting last weekend. It was a single barrel American whiskey theme, but I had a fellow SB member from out of town with us and decided to open a 48 year old Cambus single grain. I think Cambus is one of the mega grain distilleries that Diageo now owns. This was a Clan Denny bottle at 49.5%. Holy Hell was it a nice ride. Extremely bourbon-esque with a ton of vanilla sweetness and wood everywhere, but not overpowering. That same member may have bravely vatted a pour with some Four Roses 2013 to end the night. It also may have been absolutely inspired and delicious, but I'll probably keep the rest of the bottle on a tighter leash :D

Bravely, stupidly, drunkenly...eh, it's pretty much all the same thing.

A little tasting today with a couple of guys from one of the stores I frequent. Started with Knappogue Castle 17yo twin wood followed by Aberlour A'bunadh batch 40 and 41. Closed with a bit of the Talisker 175th Anniversary.

All were good but Talisker was the class of the day. Wasn't even close! Liquid oily honey but not overwhelming with a delightful but balanced bit of smoke and just a hint of the sea.

As for the Aberlour being heavy on sulfur I simply didn't get any of it. Or else I just don't get bothered by sulfur. Neither of the other guys did either. 41 was a a bit sweeter than the 40 but not a huge difference between them.

Glendronach 12 year, Aberfeldy 1991 by Gordon & MacPhail, and Talisker 10 year. Ended with a little splash of some Pyrat Cask 1623 rum.

After picking some steamed crabs out on the porch, visited some Bunnahabhain 12, Lagavulin 16, and Talisker 10 with my brother - hit the spot tonight after some damn good bourbon last night.

Kicking off the evening with Mortlach 22 (Chieftains IB) - this bottle keeps getting better and better...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!