What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just cracked a 2010 WLW.
good choice. I'm working on a 2011 WLW tonight. and I see KySalesrep has the 2012. must be wheat in the air?

good choice. I'm working on a 2011 WLW tonight. and I see KySalesrep has the 2012. must be wheat in the air?

I have been hitting the FRSB's pretty hard lately, so I switched to a wheater. Make that two, now having some OWA 107/7 from a handle that has been opened for months. Man this is good stuff!

I think its just ok. My first bit. If I had to chose now, Id go black over BIB. Good thing I have an entire bottle to explore, and make up my mind on.

Sipping on some AAA 10 year. I think I'm gonna have to switch to something else. It's not doing it for me tonight.

Standard Buffalo Trace, while doing some paperwork out on the back patio. Simply a rock solid bourbon from nose to finish. This whiskey just keeps delivering the goods for me.

Huge FR fan, and the Gift Shop 17 is the best I've tasted. Even better than the 09 Mariage and that's saying something.

Back on topic. I've had a couple fills of 2011 FR SMB 2011. Delightful. Now hitting a Willet 9 year barrel 8115 party source from a couple years ago. Awesome! Been open a year or so. Almost empty and the air ain't hurt this one a bit.

Sipping on a good sized pour of jps18 batch 16. It's not quite doing it for me tonight even though it was great last night...*note to self, never make a big pour on the first pour. Sip on small pour and go with bigger pour when it proves to suit my palate that night*

Heaven Hill gold label is helping me through this Monday Funday.
KC120

funny, these are the two i have sitting on my desk right now. both are great. i just can never make up my mind if the gold or the white HH BIB is better. theyre SOOOO close, just a bit younger/harsher with the gold.....but that doesnt bother me a bit

funny, these are the two i have sitting on my desk right now. both are great. i just can never make up my mind if the gold or the white HH BIB is better. theyre SOOOO close, just a bit younger/harsher with the gold.....but that doesnt bother me a bit

I adore this whiskey. I have a bottle of EW BIB open too, and like it, but its smoother and sweeter. More character in the gold label.

Sipping on a good sized pour of jps18 batch 16. It's not quite doing it for me tonight even though it was great last night...*note to self, never make a big pour on the first pour. Sip on small pour and go with bigger pour when it proves to suit my palate that night*

I finished my pour of jps18 and moved one to a couple of SB blends. The first one being OWA:W12:FRSB(1:1:0.5) and then OWA:W12:FRSB(3:1:0.5). The former resembles the jps18 in taste profile but younger but the latter resembles the jps18 even more. The latter is really close other than tasting like it is younger juice!

edit: gosh! As I keep sipping on this SB blend, the more it likens to the profile of the jps18. Of course it has a younger juice presence but man is it close in taste profile!!!

Edited by hn4bourbon

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!