What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Man, I am going to make your day. You got 6.25 liters! (3) 1.75s and (1) 1 liter. Do you like the BT Bourbon Cream?

I obviously dove into one of those 1.75's before I started calculating. I do like the BT Bourbon Cream. It's got more of a caramel flavor to it then other similar liqueurs. I'll have a little sip every now and then to quench a craving for something sweet. Other than that I'll put it on ice cream or in coffee. I'm not much of a mixologist, but I imagine it would be pretty good replacing any cream/chocolate/coffee liqueur in a mixed drink.

Just picked up a case of Kirkland's (has become my go-to mid-shelfer), as well as a handle each of BT and Old Forester Signature.

I randomly saw a WT American Spirit in a gas station in a weird part of town. I actually said "What the f&ck?" out loud. They also had a bottle of Louis XIII for under a $1000, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I asked the person at the counter how long they'd had it, and she said it was there when she started working there 10 years ago.

It's like 3 grand now. Shoulda bought it and started a Facebook exchange :smile:

While out of state I grabbed some value pours: Fighting Cock, OWA, 4R yellow label, don't see these on the shelves in PA

Grabbed an OGD114 for the first time in almost a year.

Didn't love the first bottle, but I was still fairly new to bourbon at the time.

Pretty good haul there sir!

It's been like Christmas in July today. I haven't been this happy since I first tried GTS, and that includes my wedding in May.

Well that's a love they write songs about right there.

I haven't been this happy since I first tried GTS, and that includes my wedding in May.

your wife is obviously not a SB member.......

your wife is obviously not a SB member.......

She understands. She was there for the GTS experience. She's not offended except when my stash invades her closet space.

Couple days ago ...

Grabbed a 1792 to test drive

WT101 returns to the lineup after an extended absence

Jeffers Creek ... it's like the 3rd bottle in the last 6 months, not sure why. It's an age stated 6yrs, 80 proofer small batch. Nothing special that I've noticed about it, but for some reason I keep drinkin' it. I have yet to actually visit with it and I'm not sure I want to as I might decide that it really sucks. :lol:

Found and picked up my second bottle of EC12 BS ... now I can crack one open and put the second in the "stash".

Ok so I'm new to the forum and have spent the last couple of weeks reading numerous threads and what I learned was that was going about my testing wrong. Taking SB members reccomendtions I spent a couple lunch hours this week acquiring the following list to taste over the 4th July wk:

EC12

LARCENY

AAA10

WLWRES

JBDC

EB90

BB

GD12

GDRYE

ETL

BT

Itis going to be a great 4 days, especially since it's going to rain everyday.

Ok so I'm new to the forum and have spent the last couple of weeks reading numerous threads and what I learned was that was going about my testing wrong. Taking SB members reccomendtions I spent a couple lunch hours this week acquiring the following list to taste over the 4th July wk:

EC12

LARCENY

AAA10

WLWRES

JBDC

EB90

BB

GD12

GDRYE

ETL

BT

Itis going to be a great 4 days, especially since it's going to rain everyday.

A) Welcome, loads of top quality knowledge here.

B) Pace yourself! Looks like a heck of a weekend ahead for you.

A) Welcome, loads of top quality knowledge here.

B) Pace yourself! Looks like a heck of a weekend ahead for you.

Will do, plan on splitting it up the first 3 days. Will first try neet, then over rocks, and finally with a splash of water. Coming from being on the dark side for forty years I prefer my scotch on the rocks. Going to be a great long weekend!

Will do, plan on splitting it up the first 3 days. Will first try neet, then over rocks, and finally with a splash of water. Coming from being on the dark side for forty years I prefer my scotch on the rocks. Going to be a great long weekend!

I stopped in a store based on a fellow SBer's recommendation and bought...

EC12

FRSmB

George Dickel No. 12

Sazerac Rye

Nothing spectacular, but solid nonetheless.

Picked up some VOB 86 to share with the family at the July 4th cookout.

What's that? They don't like bourbon? Oh well, more for me! :grin:

Picked up some VOB 86 to share with the family at the July 4th cookout.

you don't like your family?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!