What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Mom picked these up for me today. I've never had BHC small batch but I was surprised when she told me it was on the shelf. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with it? I'm excited to try it.

post-9291-1448981934577_thumb.jpg

I went a little overboard the past couple of days......

Old Charter 10

Elijah Craig 12

Black Maple Hill

Old Fitzgerald BIB

E.H. Taylor Small Batch

Old Weller Antique x 3

The OWA is a huge score for me! I know it's not hard to get elsewhere, but here in Indy we have W12 and WSR all over the place. OWA is near impossible to get. After visiting 15-20 liquor stores over the past 7 days, I was about to give up and just wait until my next trip to KY. I decided to try one last place this evening and bingo! They had 3 bottles and I bought all 3.

Today, I TRIED to purchase a couple bottles of Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10-year BIB (or at least order 'em). I had some I grabbed in B'town during the Spring Sampler and found I loved it. So sad to find it ISN'T on Michigan's 'list' and therefor not available at retail in my Mitten State. :smiley_acbt::hot: I'm Bummed!!!

Mom picked these up for me today. I've never had BHC small batch but I was surprised when she told me it was on the shelf. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with it? I'm excited to try it.

OGD 114. want to recompare it to my KC 120

whats with the stupid flimsy cardboard box they come in now? i almost didnt see it because of the black box on the bottom shelf.

Looks like Scooby Doo posted this thread. ;)

I'll pay this comment, hilarious stuff!

Found me another FRSB2013 today. Opened it up right at the store and shared a little with my local liquor merchant, Good stuff.

Best regards, Tony

What are they selling for here in MI?

WTRB... Ashamed to say I've never actually had this. I even recommended it to my dad based on its reputation and kind of knowing what my dad likes. When he loved it I felt really dumb having never tried it. So I had no choice but to get one.

High West Bourye Batch 5, OGG 114, OGG BIB 100 proof.

Excited to try all of these.

Going in to the the local whiskey monger today I knew that I wasn't really looking for anything, but to my surprise, he pulls me in the back and offer me up a PHC blend. Not going to turn that down. Spent the rest of the time talking about how gloomy current supply is, going to be a long while before the markets settle down.

B

Went out for beer (and got plenty) but also grabbed three HH6yr, FC, OGDBIB, OGD114, and VOBBIB.

First meeting of the Appalachian Whiskey Society tomorrow and we're kicking it off with a BIB theme. I already had these, but figured its best not to dip into the bunker.

Went out for beer (and got plenty) but also grabbed three HH6yr, FC, OGDBIB, OGD114, and VOBBIB.

First meeting of the Appalachian Whiskey Society tomorrow and we're kicking it off with a BIB theme. I already had these, but figured its best not to dip into the bunker.

I like your thinking and it's no wonder we get along,I live by those very rules myself.

The home bar was looking a little thin, so stopped by K&L...grabbed a back up BT, 3 types of rum, St. George gin sampler, carpano, and some Tart Apple Shrub :)

I randomly saw a WT American Spirit in a gas station in a weird part of town. I actually said "What the f&ck?" out loud. They also had a bottle of Louis XIII for under a $1000, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I asked the person at the counter how long they'd had it, and she said it was there when she started working there 10 years ago.

I randomly saw a WT American Spirit in a gas station in a weird part of town. I actually said "What the f&ck?" out loud. They also had a bottle of Louis XIII for under a $1000, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I asked the person at the counter how long they'd had it, and she said it was there when she started working there 10 years ago.

2x Weller 12 750ml

finally! Things were starting to get tense. Only had to go one state over to get the last 2 bottles

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!