What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dan it's a solid $35 whisky, the other $15 is for the bottle.

You're probably right. It would be a regular pour for me at that price. The bottle IS pretty though. I'm sure I'll keep it around after I empty it.

Spent a lot on shipping, but happy none the less! a little new job present to myself

post-8988-14489819308479_thumb.jpg

wanted to get some OGD 114 today to re-try against my stash of KC 120, but they either stopped carrying it at the neighborhood pharmacy, or my last few brain cells are dying and they never did carry it....oh well, it'll have to wait til next week.

actually, i noted they had NO OGD whatsoever on the shelves....of any proof. hopefully thats not an ominous sign...

I was in Louisville on business and picked up 2 1.75's of VOB BIB, 1 1.75 of Weller 12, a liter of AA Age 10 year, and BT Bourbon Cream. I'm happier with that purchase than I would be with any VW, BTAC, 4 Roses LE, or other rare find. 4.5 liters of high quality bourbon at a low price will keep me happy for a long time. I really wish I could get VOB around here.

OGD 114. want to recompare it to my KC 120

whats with the stupid flimsy cardboard box they come in now? i almost didnt see it because of the black box on the bottom shelf.

Edited by 393foureyedfox

Ha! 5.5! Even better!

Man, I am going to make your day. You got 6.25 liters! (3) 1.75s and (1) 1 liter. Do you like the BT Bourbon Cream?

Through the kindness of one of our great members I got today a couple FR gift shop bottles signed my Mr. Rutledge.

post-4976-14489819340136_thumb.jpg

post-4976-14489819339962_thumb.jpg

Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon. Over priced, but suckered me in with the leather bag, box, and being only 1 of 600 bottles. Also Winchester Bourbon and Two Star Bourbon.

Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon. Over priced, but suckered me in with the leather bag, box, and being only 1 of 600 bottles. Also Winchester Bourbon and Two Star Bourbon.

I passed up a bottle while in Dallas last week. I really hope it's great bourbon for anyone who buys it, I just can't imagine how much better bourbon can be to charge over $300 per 750ml at retail.

2008 Eagle Rare 17 yr.

And this one's for squire. 15 bucks out the door.

How is it compared to the stuff on the shelves today? $15 too?! Well done sir.

Found me another FRSB2013 today. Opened it up right at the store and shared a little with my local liquor merchant, Good stuff.

Best regards, Tony

Picked up a bottle of FRSB13 as well now that it's finally reached MI. Also pondered picking up BMH until I realized the state minimum price is 60! I thought it was a marginal buy at 40 the last time I bought a bottle...

Picked up a Weller 12 (not that I necessarily needed one, but seeing them disappear - I'll sleep better knowing I have at least one).

Grabbed an EWSB 2002, BevMo selected.

Sipping it now and it's mighty tasty.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!