What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went out for beer (and got plenty) but also grabbed three HH6yr, FC, OGDBIB, OGD114, and VOBBIB.

First meeting of the Appalachian Whiskey Society tomorrow and we're kicking it off with a BIB theme. I already had these, but figured its best not to dip into the bunker.

good choices! that sounds like my kind of shopping list! still need to try the OGD BIB, i always pass over it and get the 114. sooner or later im gonna have to get some

Wasting time on a Sunday, wandered my way into a 4R SBLE '13. Of the bottles i've been fortunate to find of it...cheapest @$70 even too.

My wife and I decided to take a little drive out of town today. We needed to relax a little after babysitting our grand kids, and our brother and sister-in laws dog. :skep: As luck would have it, our travels took us by a couple of liquor stores. :rolleyes: I took advantage of the opportunity to stock up an a few things from the BT distillery.

ETL

BT

ER 10/90

Weller 12

Weller SR

It's been a while since I've had any BT, ETL, or ER 10/90, and since the prices were good, I thought what the heck. As for the Weller 12 and Weller SR, you know the deal. :grin: Besides, I hadn't bought anything since the Sampler.

Cheers! Joe

post-3455-1448981935436_thumb.jpg

I randomly saw a WT American Spirit in a gas station in a weird part of town. I actually said "What the f&ck?" out loud. They also had a bottle of Louis XIII for under a $1000, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I asked the person at the counter how long they'd had it, and she said it was there when she started working there 10 years ago.

Yowza, did you pay cash, or credit, for those puppies?

Came back from a work trip to Edmonton, where they had WT 8/101 on the shelves. Picked up a bottle. Haven't had a chance to compare it side-by-side to other offerings yet. (I don't have a bottle of American 101, nor plans to buy one, but can compare it to RR90 or other brands)

Came back from a work trip to Edmonton, where they had WT 8/101 on the shelves. Picked up a bottle. Haven't had a chance to compare it side-by-side to other offerings yet. (I don't have a bottle of American 101, nor plans to buy one, but can compare it to RR90 or other brands)

Oh man, that stuff is good. I doubt you'll think any current stuff compares. I've had it side by side with WTAS and preferred the dusty 8 yr.

Dusty or current export bottle? I tried a dusty 8 year that was amazeballs (thanks Ed!), and I would clear the shelf if I ever found those. I'm assuming the current export 8 year/101 is fairly comparable to the regular NAS 101.

Dusty or current export bottle? I tried a dusty 8 year that was amazeballs (thanks Ed!), and I would clear the shelf if I ever found those. I'm assuming the current export 8 year/101 is fairly comparable to the regular NAS 101.

Ah, good catch Trey. I bet it was an export bottle. :blush:

I'm assuming the current export 8 year/101 is fairly comparable to the regular NAS 101.

Better IMO, but a shadow of what it used to be.

I randomly saw a WT American Spirit in a gas station in a weird part of town.

In NOLA, just what exactly passes for the "weird part of town"?

Bought some OGD BiB. It's all I could find up here in yooper land. There is not a wide selection up here.

Managed to grab a bottles of Larceny and Elmer T Lee while vacationing in San Diego. Neither is available here in Phoenix, AZ, so it was a fairly big score for me. :)

Chalmette? Kenner?

It was the export version - a liter of 8/101 goes for $30 in the airport's duty free shop.

Good point. This was right on the border of St. Rose and Kenner.

Trying out my first Col EH Taylor barrel proof; also got some Weller 12, OWA107, BT, and a HW Rendezvous Rye.

A work collegue got back from overseas yesterday and was nice enough to pick me up 2 x 1 litre bottles of Makers Mark that come in a very nice Makers Mark laptop bag :)

Picked up two JPS 17s, Batch 4. Passed them up on Saturday, sampled them later in the evening at michaelturtle's house, and knew I needed to go back for them, especially since they were the only ones I have seen. A bit pricey, but not extravagantly.

Picked up two JPS 17s, Batch 4. Passed them up on Saturday, sampled them later in the evening at michaelturtle's house, and knew I needed to go back for them, especially since they were the only ones I have seen. A bit pricey, but not extravagantly.

I play the role of "enabler" very well

I play the role of "enabler" very well

So true. The girlfriend thought I'd be over there on Sunday, but the store was closed ;) .

I picked up a handle of 7yr OWA for $42, and an OGD 114 for $18. The OGD was on sale at a store that's shutting down soon. I was really tempted to pick up all they had at that price.

post-8623-14489819357649_thumb.jpg

an OGD 114 for $18. The OGD was on sale at a store that's shutting down soon. I was really tempted to pick up all they had at that price.

id have gotten a few at that price, but its only a few bucks cheaper than the normal price, so i wouldnt have bought tons of it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!