What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was extremely lucky, too. I ran into 10 bottles of ECBP 137 on the shelves this past weekend. Bought a few, left the rest for the locals. Now trying to share a couple on BX to help pay for the ones I kept. ;-)

What do expect to get on BX for the ECBP?

Ted

I was extremely lucky, too. I ran into 10 bottles of ECBP 137 on the shelves this past weekend. Bought a few, left the rest for the locals. Now trying to share a couple on BX to help pay for the ones I kept. ;-)

dont be part of the problem. pass them off at a few bucks profit to people you know whod love to have some. id feel better doing that than fleecing someone.

Bought three bottles of some Old HH Bonded gold label on special order in PA. I was hoping it was going to be the 6yr white label. Ah well. I hope it is good. I need something real cheap and delicious to keep my collection from getting whittled down.

I bought a Heaven Hill distilled bourbon that was partially aged in Campbelltown at Cadenhead's in Edinburgh today.

I've acquired a few amazing bottles in the last several days. Birthday week and all that. GTS12, WFE Lion's Share (thanks guys!!!), 2 VOS 14, 2 CEHT Tornado, and an EC20.

Bought three bottles of some Old HH Bonded gold label on special order in PA. I was hoping it was going to be the 6yr white label. Ah well. I hope it is good. I need something real cheap and delicious to keep my collection from getting whittled down.

you shouldnt be disappointed either way with HH bondeds. id take three of either over one 4R, Beam (except their upper level stuff), or BF product

My name is Paddy and I'm proud to report that I've been clean for 7 days (I did purchase 9 cigars today). Oh well, there is always tomorrow!

Hidden

I agree. I am not part of the problem. I left more ECBP on the shelf than I bought. And I sold two today well below market value - just trying to defray my costs, not squeeze every last penny of profit. Happy? ;-)

dont be part of the problem. pass them off at a few bucks profit to people you know whod love to have some. id feel better doing that than fleecing someone.

I agree. I am not part of the problem. I left more ECBP on the shelf than I bought. And I sold two today well below market value - just trying to defray my costs, not squeeze every last penny of profit. Happy? ;-)

Acquired 2012 FR SmB LE in a trade. Can't wait to open this one up.

I also acquired 2013 OFBB in a trade. Today was a good day.

Edited by CL
OFBB

pretty much. market value is $40-50. its supposed to retail at $40. nothing wrong with making a few bucks. just dont be like the prick someone on here mentioned the other day who was selling some at $140. that guy deserves a bourbon enema

Beam Signature seems to have started arriving in Atlanta. Had both the 12yo and the "Rare Spanish Brandy" versions. Decided to hold off on the 12yo for now but picked up the Brandy version. Might not get to it for awhile though.

post-8493-14489819771205_thumb.jpeg

Still no sign of OFBB 13 or the new PHC in local stores that I have seen.

post-8493-1448981977098_thumb.jpeg

pretty much. market value is $40-50. its supposed to retail at $40. nothing wrong with making a few bucks. just dont be like the prick someone on here mentioned the other day who was selling some at $140. that guy deserves a bourbon enema

Hmmm, do you have any other instructions on how I am supposed to handle my bourbon? ;-)

We have a market-based economy. The price reflects what the market will bear. I can't begrudge a person from using that to their advantage if they deal in an honest manner. Afterall, he isn't the cause of the high price - it's the people paying $140 that are. If the demand isn't there, the price will drop.

I choose not to operate in that manner (well, most of the time). I'd rather share the bourbon and build relationships. Fortunately, the market-based economy lets me do that and it lets me choose who I do business with. If someone is charging more than what I want to pay, I can just walk away (which I do quite often). There's plenty of good bourbon to enjoy in its place.

Edited by CL
;-)

Picked up a Blanton's Gold this morning. Here's the full selection of bourbon at this shop in Stockholm.

post-5040-1448981977186_thumb.jpg

FRSmB=$49, MM=$55, JD=$46, FRYL=$39, Bulleit=$43, JB=$39

post-5040-14489819771447_thumb.jpg

We have a market-based economy. The price reflects what the market will bear. I can't begrudge a person from using that to their advantage if they deal in an honest manner. Afterall, he isn't the cause of the high price - it's the people paying $140 that are. If the demand isn't there, the price will drop.

I suspect the same people that complain about "gouging" in the whisky business are themselves "gouging" their own goods/services in the eyes of someone else.

Hmmm, do you have any other instructions on how I am supposed to handle my bourbon? ;-)

I choose not to operate in that manner (well, most of the time). I'd rather share the bourbon and build relationships. Fortunately, the market-based economy lets me do that and it lets me choose who I do business with. If someone is charging more than what I want to pay, I can just walk away (which I do quite often). There's plenty of good bourbon to enjoy in its place.

its the same thing as ticket scalping, and society thinks lowly enough of it that there are laws against it. sure, people will still use a scalper to get something they want. The problem, as i see it, is that the distiller, singer, etc...priced the item at a level they thought fair, and offered them to the open public, but someone else comes along and scoops it all up and resets the price, to the exclusion of the people who are likely the most true fans.

but thats just me. if i dont like something done to me, i sure as hell wont do it to someone else. ever.

im not ranting against you, CL. relax.

its the same thing as ticket scalping, and society thinks lowly enough of it that there are laws against it. sure, people will still use a scalper to get something they want. The problem, as i see it, is that the distiller, singer, etc...priced the item at a level they thought fair, and offered them to the open public, but someone else comes along and scoops it all up and resets the price, to the exclusion of the people who are likely the most true fans.

but thats just me. if i dont like something done to me, i sure as hell wont do it to someone else. ever.

One more comment because I am sure this topic has been played out many times in the forums.

I see the price charged and the plundering of what is on the shelf as two different issues. Earlier, I was speaking to the former.

We are in agreement that we don't like plundering or hoarding. If someone does that to charge as much as they can, it's the plundering I don't like. But, I try to be open minded. Again, that's they way our society is - some parts are good, some aren't so good.

I just choose not to buy from someone who plunders, even if it is a decent price. I won't sell to them either if I can help it. I like to find folks who will drink it, share it, gift it, or just hold it for a special occasion. If they are a known flipper or hoarder, I won't deal with them. Not that they are "wrong", but because I believe differently.

Difference being scalping is legal in plenty of places.

And where it's not legal between individuals, it's being done by a "ticket agency" or "ticket broker" - legalized scalping agents, basically.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!