What did you pass up today? Summer '13

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No,no,no, if you want a second opinion.

Third opinion, yes yes yes :)

Only if you like aged rye. This is great. Note, this came out in 2006.

Tell you what fellas, if I run across any I'll send a pm to you deep pocketed thirsty chaps.

It really depends what you like and how much you are willing to pay.

I love Old Medley rye and nothing comes close. I like it as much as the best SW just they are different for a different mood.

H22 is extremely hard to come by. H25 is still around but when it is gone, it's gone. The above prices are at the lower end of what I had paid, not the lowest but close and that is if you can even find them. These are premiums and garner premium prices. But these prices are not gouging prices.

If you haven't try one, try one to see cause like Kevin said you may regret it in the future.

But as squire suggest there are others much cheaper and good too. Only you can tell if you should get it.

H22 is also my pick since its cheaper and most like it more as well.

Anyhow, I'm drinking some H22R now and loving it.

Cheers

Hugh

HW Rocky Mountain rye 21 375ml for $79.99 because, well, thats really expensive for me.

passed up 3x WT-01-99 Rare Breed, need to crack the one in the bunker first to see if it is worth stocking up on

I found a place with a Hirsch 22 Rye on the shelf for $165. I passed on it, but don't know much about it. Worth it at that price?

I would be tripping over myself getting to the counter to pay for a Hirsch 22 at $165... It is an incredible bottle of rye and there can't be that many left on store shelves

Buy it Stormeh - if you don't like it after opening it, I'd be glad to take it off your hands ;-)

Buy it Stormeh - if you don't like it after opening it, I'd be glad to take it off your hands ;-)

What he said. Had it tonight for the first time, and it's stunning.

Michter's 25 Rye. Goes without saying, that when they don't even post the price (and i had a rough idea it'd be $350ish) then i can't afford to ask.

Disclaimer: Some of these that I passed up today I may go back for (still deciding).

JPS 18, batch 6 for $96 (seemed pretty steep to me - had it been a 17, batch 6 - sold!)

Several WTR101 (brought the first one I saw home, left several more out there)

Hirsch 20 yr American Whiskey for $70

A few BMH (NAS) bourbons

And what I'm seriously reconsidering - some BMH 18yr Rye for $94.

passed up 3x WT-01-99 Rare Breed, need to crack the one in the bunker first to see if it is worth stocking up on

If you don't want it GRAB IT FOR ME. ;)

+1 for me too! I promise I will share it with you Sean:grin:.

Passed on a PHC blend of Mashbills for 119.99. Also a WT Tradition 14 for 99.99. Another WT American Spirit for 146.99 & a HW 21 for 138.99. I did pick up a 2010 FR LE SmB. :-)

That store is really proud of their bourbon! They must run some stores around here too. The Tradition is about right though.

Yeah the tradition was right I just don't personally care for that one. Tried it in KY not too long ago and for me isn't worth the price tag. The store is affectionately known as Paymore Liquors. Hahaha. The FR find was off the beaten path a little bit but worth the effort.

I love WT Tradition. I use to be in the camp that thought it was overpriced. I bunkered a handful in the $60 -70 range. Then I opened one last year. Then I opened another... Then... Damn fine whiskey. I'm bunkering them now. Well worth the price IMO. Actually a bargain... I'd take a Tradition over a BT PVW 15 any day of the week. The Tradition smokes the current Pappy's arse.

On the advice of most of SB, I went back and picked up the Hirsch 22 Rye today. =)

Let us know how you like it. The nose is heavenly!!

Cheers

Hugh

I love WT Tradition. I use to be in the camp that thought it was overpriced. I bunkered a handful in the $60 -70 range. Then I opened one last year. Then I opened another... Then... Damn fine whiskey. I'm bunkering them now. Well worth the price IMO. Actually a bargain... I'd take a Tradition over a BT PVW 15 any day of the week. The Tradition smokes the current Pappy's arse.

I have never seen it for $60-70. That is a very good price.

At $100-110, I have passed them and sadly haven't tried it yet.

Disclaimer: Some of these that I passed up today I may go back for (still deciding).

JPS 18, batch 6 for $96 (seemed pretty steep to me - had it been a 17, batch 6 - sold!)

Several WTR101 (brought the first one I saw home, left several more out there)

Hirsch 20 yr American Whiskey for $70

A few BMH (NAS) bourbons

And what I'm seriously reconsidering - some BMH 18yr Rye for $94.

I wish I knew where you where shopping!!! Haven't been able to find any WTR101 lately.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!