What did you pass up today? Summer '13

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just my opinion obviously, but WhipperSnapper is among the absolute worst whiskies I've ever had.

Agreed. It's a $30 bourbon in these parts. I'd be a buyer at $20 for sure. Great value for a 10 yr single barrel.

I seem to remember reading Lawrenceburg, IN as the source on the Belle Meade. My wife had grabbed a bottle and pointed it out to me before i noticed, trying explaining NDP and then realized i should buy her some bourbon balls and save us both some confusion.

I seem to remember reading Lawrenceburg, IN as the source on the Belle Meade. My wife had grabbed a bottle and pointed it out to me before i noticed, trying explaining NDP and then realized i should buy her some bourbon balls and save us both some confusion.

It's not even whiskey, it's spirit whiskey, which means it vodka mixed with aged vodka, basically. It's an abominable Frankenstein that I fell for 3-4 years ago. I have literally poured one drink from it and it has stayed at the back of my cabinet un-poured from since. I shudder at its mention.

Just a general question, what do they do with that 20.5%. Does it go into the state general budget? Not meant to be a political question. Just curious how they justify such a high tax. Just seems really high!
Edited by ChainWhip

Passed on James E. Pepper 15yo Rye today for $139.00. I did pick up a few bottles of Jefferson 21yo.

Looking forward to drinking it.

Hirsch 25 yr rye and a 20+ yr Port Ellen bottled in 2006, both in the $269 range.

Pics or it didn't happen!

J/K - nice pickups

Saw a couple Baby Saz's on the shelf, something I haven't seen around here in a while but space on my shelf is a premium right now so I decided against them.

Nice LB. Notice how only the "premiums" have skyrocketed in price while the others have not really changed in price? And the premiums arguably had much better whiskey in them at that time as well. Funny how that works.

Thanks for that timeline snapshot LB, interesting that Sazerac sold for more than Van Winkle but 18 year old whisky has got to be better than 15 year old stuff, right?

Private Barrel selection of Eagle Rare at $24.99 (good price as far as I'm concerned), OBSV private selection at $34.99, Black Maple Hill (I am a fan even though it is getting hammered in the BMH thread) at $60

I'd thought briefly about a bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrel. I really enjoy the EHT Small Batch I've got open at the moment...

I'd thought briefly about a bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrel. I really enjoy the EHT Small Batch I've got open at the moment...

I know Renegator has both of these open and I believe he prefers the small batch. For $20-$30 cheaper that may be the way to go. I do really enjoy the small batch and the barrel proof as well (both are open on my bar right now). I am hunting for the Tornado as I have had a couple pours of that and love it...no luck so far though

I know Renegator has both of these open and I believe he prefers the small batch. For $20-$30 cheaper that may be the way to go. I do really enjoy the small batch and the barrel proof as well (both are open on my bar right now). I am hunting for the Tornado as I have had a couple pours of that and love it...no luck so far though

I do prefer the small batch. To me - it's woodier than the single barrel which is what I prefer. Added bonus that it is $20-$30 cheaper than the single barrel. Both are great pours, though.

Thx for posting that little bit of history LB - should post a link to this on the BX and see what the reaction is ;-)

I do prefer the small batch. To me - it's woodier than the single barrel which is what I prefer. Added bonus that it is $20-$30 cheaper than the single barrel. Both are great pours, though.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!