What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Checked out the local stores while back at my parents' house for Christmas. Passed on Jeff 21 rye, and Jeff 21, 25, and 30 yo bourbons. I'm really curious about the 30 but $260 is too much for science!

Also passed on James E Pepper 15 bourbon for $59, which is half the price I see it for in CA.

Passed on a Michter's US*1 today at $50, first time I've seen this in Michigan.

I saw the US*1 and the rye today but passed as well. Looks like they just came out in MI this month.

I passed on NAS VOB. They had one 6-year bottle of VOB 86. I passed on it too. It is like the old bottles disappeared overnight and the new bottles just showed up.

I see Michter's in the Indy area quite a bit for around $40. I would have to try it before I would pay that amount.

Checked out the local stores while back at my parents' house for Christmas. Passed on Jeff 21 rye, and Jeff 21, 25, and 30 yo bourbons. I'm really curious about the 30 but $260 is too much for science!

Also passed on James E Pepper 15 bourbon for $59, which is half the price I see it for in CA.

At $59 I might have taken a chance on the 15yo LDI Pepper. It is usually well north of $100 here!

This is crazy cheap and likely priced wrong. I'll definitely won't be able to pass on that. :)

I saw the US*1 and the rye today but passed as well. Looks like they just came out in MI this month.

I went to the liquor stores yesterday. Looks like MI got a huge dump of new NDP junk just in time for the Holidays...

Yeah, I don't get that. When it first hit the shelves this year I saw it for $59. Now, it's double or more...???

Passed on PHC promise of hope. There were 3 on the shelf. If they're still there in a month I will grab one. Otherwise I will grab 3 McKennas instead.

Passed on BT Single Oak Project. It's iffy at retail considering there is so much barrel variability for the price for 375ml....and they had it priced at $60. That's a no brainer pass every time for me.

I walked into a different store a few weeks ago and they had one bottle of BT SOP on the shelf listed at $100...madness.

Passed Handy for $75. I hate finding Handy, it means I wasn't too far off from finding the good stuff. At least I got an Ealanta today!

Passed Handy for $75. I hate finding Handy, it means I wasn't too far off from finding the good stuff. At least I got an Ealanta today!

Not something I could've passed on myself...

I don't know. I've seen some Handys hang around for months.

Passed on the new Jefferson's, a FR 2013 SB LE, some age stated VOB 80 and 86. Didn't "pass" but was denied the ability to purchase some ORVW ($40) and Lot B ($55) even though it was displayed with a price tag.

Passed on the new Jefferson's, a FR 2013 SB LE, some age stated VOB 80 and 86. Didn't "pass" but was denied the ability to purchase some ORVW ($40) and Lot B ($55) even though it was displayed with a price tag.

Denied?! What's up with that? Store owner got word on how much they were 'worth'???

Denied?! What's up with that? Store owner got word on how much they were 'worth'???

Really couldn't tell you. Looked around a bit, asked about the VW and got told they couldn't (wouldn't) sell them outright and that there was a "lottery" for people who purchased other bottles. Truth be told, I'm in that area 4-6 times a year, but even so, I have no interest in playing those kinds of games. There were 6-8 bottles of each with a price tag on them, and I would have been happy to purchase then and there. No need for the song and dance.

Me too...saw the last handy in my favorite local store...$69.99...I hated to pass but had too. Already spent more on Christmas gifts than I should have. Oh well.

Really couldn't tell you. Looked around a bit, asked about the VW and got told they couldn't (wouldn't) sell them outright and that there was a "lottery" for people who purchased other bottles. Truth be told, I'm in that area 4-6 times a year, but even so, I have no interest in playing those kinds of games. There were 6-8 bottles of each with a price tag on them, and I would have been happy to purchase then and there. No need for the song and dance.

Don't put it on the shelf if it isn't for sale. Pretty simple.

Actually had the 1.75 of Weller 12 ($38) in my hands as I walked to the other side of the store to get my wife's wine. On my way back to the check-out, I put the W12 back, and instead picked out a Wiser's Legacy (also $38--but for a 750). I've never tried the Legacy, but dimly recall good things. Plus, that Weller 12 will always be there, right...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree theglobalguy! has happened to me several times with other stuff. specificly GTS & WLW. whats the point if its going to sell anyway?

passed on a 750ml of High West 21 for $169.99 in the crazy reflective colorful glass bottle. I think I might go back and get it here in a few days.

and at another store, which I am pretty depressed about as he has had reasonable prices for a while....

High West 16 at $199.99

Vintage 17 at $199.99

13' Stagg at $229.99

Might get the WT Tradition at a reasonable $129.99 though

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!